Can't set desltop picture

I have read all the post pertaining to this subject and can't get anything to
work.
When I go to display properties and desktop the browse button is grey out.
If I go to the wb tab "my current home page is the only option and the new
and delete buttons are greyed out. I want to place a picture on my desktop
and can't.
3 answers Last reply
More about desltop picture

    In news:4E2A9D7E-2C3A-4918-846E-51174A77BABD@microsoft.com,
    bliss <bliss@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > I have read all the post pertaining to this subject and can't get
    > anything to work.
    > When I go to display properties and desktop the browse button is grey
    > out. If I go to the wb tab "my current home page is the only option
    > and the new and delete buttons are greyed out. I want to place a
    > picture on my desktop and can't.

    Start here:

    Malware Cleaning :
    http://kgiii.info/windows/all/general/malwarefix.html

    For your display though you'll want to head here:

    Line 285 Right hand side - restore display tabs.

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

    Thanks, Galen. But I'm new ti Windows - do I have to type all of those
    commands in?

    "

    In news:A41D967A-C67B-4A59-BA7D-FB43237703EE@microsoft.com,
    bliss <bliss@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > Thanks, Galen. But I'm new ti Windows - do I have to type all of
    > those commands in?
    >
    > "

    Umm, what commands? First off you'd check your system for malware - there's
    clear directions on the site. Secondly you'd then want to use the registry
    file that's included on the second link to Kelly's site. When you download
    that one and open it it will ask you if you want to merge the information
    and you will say yes.

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

Configuration Desktops Customization Windows XP