Sign in with
Your question

LG MK550 USB3.0

Last response: in Components
February 13, 2013 3:04:26 AM

The input lag is this keyboard is unbearable does anyone have any suggestions, the LG website was of little help as all the USB ports i have are 3.0 :( 
Timed 3 separate occasions and the average time for commands to go through is an hair tearing 12 seconds, on a side note i didn't know where to post this so sorry!
Any and all input will be greatly appreciated thank you in advance :D 

More about : mk550 usb3

February 13, 2013 11:16:07 AM

i will go ahead and presume that you have tried the keyboard in different ports. have you also tried it in safe mode (to see if drivers are affecting it)? also, have you tried re-synchronising the keyboard and mouse with the wireless receiver and changed the batteries?

adam
February 17, 2013 8:32:36 AM

phate1337 said:
i will go ahead and presume that you have tried the keyboard in different ports. have you also tried it in safe mode (to see if drivers are affecting it)? also, have you tried re-synchronising the keyboard and mouse with the wireless receiver and changed the batteries?

adam

Yeah, i think the keyboard and mouse just doesn't agree with usb 3.0 it's strange that it only happens when system usage is high (Gaming,video encoding,etc) though, safe mode did drastically lower lag time.
Related resources
February 17, 2013 8:34:32 AM

that was poorly worded the lag is only 5sec+ if I'm gaming or encoding or similarly taxing tasks
February 17, 2013 11:44:40 AM

maybe it's worth grabbing a PCI USB 2.0 card so that you have some legacy support. also, you should OC your processor some. the Evo 212 is cheap as you like and will give you decent support for an easy OC. can probs get to 4.0-4.5 ghz quite happily for the sake of £25!
February 17, 2013 7:53:36 PM

phate1337 said:
maybe it's worth grabbing a PCI USB 2.0 card so that you have some legacy support. also, you should OC your processor some. the Evo 212 is cheap as you like and will give you decent support for an easy OC. can probs get to 4.0-4.5 ghz quite happily for the sake of £25!

I should update my sig lol i've got a frio and i'm at 4.2ghz and thank you for the advice, i think i'll buy that pci card
!