Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Galaxy GeForce GTX 680 SOC White Edition vs EVGA Signature 2

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 9, 2012 11:00:29 PM

Anybody have experience with these cards? The Galaxy card is ridiculously overlocked out of the box to like over 1200 mhz core clock with a boost up to like 1270 mhz. The Signature 2 is lower than that but it's EVGA and I'm under the impression that the quality of their cards is better and more reliable than Galaxy. Thoughts?
August 11, 2012 4:10:09 PM

EVGA Signature 2
Score
0
August 11, 2012 7:54:04 PM

verbalizer said:
EVGA Signature 2


Why do you say that?
Score
0
Related resources
August 11, 2012 9:27:09 PM

DrexelDragon93 said:
But that's just some spec's lol

what you got, I trust EVGA more than I trust Galaxy.. :na: 
Score
0

Best solution

a c 416 Î Nvidia
August 11, 2012 9:42:52 PM

I would get that Galaxy White in a second. It is the fastest 680 out of the box and comes with all custom components and excellent cooling. If you see any info about the KFA2 GTX 680 LTD OC White Edition, it is the same card from the same company.

"...the KFA2 GeForce GTX 680 LTD OC is simply a staggering card. This frame rate chewing power was previously associated with AMD’s high end dual GPU HD6990. The KFA2 GeForce GTX 680 LTD OC however is much quieter, consumes less power and is slightly faster."
http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/zardon/...
Share
August 11, 2012 9:47:56 PM

17seconds said:
I would get that Galaxy White in a second. It is the fastest 680 out of the box and comes with all custom components and excellent cooling. If you see any info about the KFA2 GTX 680 LTD OC White Edition, it is the same card from the same company.

"...the KFA2 GeForce GTX 680 LTD OC is simply a staggering card. This frame rate chewing power was previously associated with AMD’s high end dual GPU HD6990. The KFA2 GeForce GTX 680 LTD OC however is much quieter, consumes less power and is slightly faster."
http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/zardon/...

you honestly trust Galaxy.?
knowing EVGA customer service and warranty are stellar.
Score
0
a c 416 Î Nvidia
August 11, 2012 9:48:52 PM

verbalizer said:
you honestly trust Galaxy.?
knowing EVGA customer service and warranty are stellar.

I don't not trust them.
But seriously, that card is s-w-e-e-t!
Score
0
a c 416 Î Nvidia
August 11, 2012 9:53:02 PM


Score
0
August 11, 2012 9:54:17 PM

Best answer selected by DrexelDragon93.
Score
0
August 11, 2012 9:55:47 PM

17seconds said:
I would get that Galaxy White in a second. It is the fastest 680 out of the box and comes with all custom components and excellent cooling. If you see any info about the KFA2 GTX 680 LTD OC White Edition, it is the same card from the same company.

"...the KFA2 GeForce GTX 680 LTD OC is simply a staggering card. This frame rate chewing power was previously associated with AMD’s high end dual GPU HD6990. The KFA2 GeForce GTX 680 LTD OC however is much quieter, consumes less power and is slightly faster."
http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/zardon/...


You are the man! I could not find a review ANYWHERE! Thanks dude! The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't have a DVI port :/ 
Score
0
a c 416 Î Nvidia
August 11, 2012 10:04:04 PM

DrexelDragon93 said:
You are the man! I could not find a review ANYWHERE! Thanks dude! The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't have a DVI port :/ 

That would be a deal breaker for me.

There are a couple of reviews. Make sure you read them before you confirm your choice. There are two versions one at 1206 mhz and one at 1150 mhz.
http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/41737-kfa2-gefor...
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/KFA2/GTX_680_Limited...
Score
0
a c 416 Î Nvidia
August 11, 2012 10:04:47 PM

Quote:
"Please note that using a dual-link DVI display (1920x1200 and up) requires that you buy an active dual-link DisplayPort-to-DVI adapter. A passive adapter or any HDMI adapter will only work up to 1920x1080."
Score
0
August 11, 2012 10:14:36 PM

17seconds said:
Quote:
"Please note that using a dual-link DVI display (1920x1200 and up) requires that you buy an active dual-link DisplayPort-to-DVI adapter. A passive adapter or any HDMI adapter will only work up to 1920x1080."


I'll only be using one 1920x1080 monitor so I could use the Mini Hdmi to Hdmi adapter and the HDMI to DVI adapter that are included in the box..hmm..how stable would that connection be?
Score
0
August 11, 2012 10:17:11 PM

17seconds said:
I don't not trust them.
But seriously, that card is s-w-e-e-t!
Score
0
August 11, 2012 10:18:55 PM

17seconds said:
Not sure. I wonder how much a displayport to DVI adapter costs.


$5 with shipping on Ebay, better option?
Score
0
a c 416 Î Nvidia
August 11, 2012 10:19:34 PM

Not sure. I wonder how much a displayport to DVI adapter costs.
Score
0
August 11, 2012 10:21:49 PM

when it craps out on you or is buggy then come back and open a thread...
I promise not to say 'I told you so..'
:lol: 

good-luck.
Score
0
August 11, 2012 11:18:09 PM

That white PCB is sexy
Score
0
a c 81 Î Nvidia
August 11, 2012 11:18:41 PM

17seconds said:
Quote:
"Please note that using a dual-link DVI display (1920x1200 and up) requires that you buy an active dual-link DisplayPort-to-DVI adapter. A passive adapter or any HDMI adapter will only work up to 1920x1080."


That's a nice card, with 8 power phase, rather than 4 on the reference and 5 on the first signature series (probably the 2nd too?). But as others have noticed, it only has one displayport, and no DVI connections, which makes 3D Vision surround, or 120hz 2D surround impossible, even with 2. Otherwise, a very nice card.
Score
0
August 12, 2012 2:34:23 AM

bystander said:
That's a nice card, with 8 power phase, rather than 4 on the reference and 5 on the first signature series (probably the 2nd too?). But as others have noticed, it only has one displayport, and no DVI connections, which makes 3D Vision surround, or 120hz 2D surround impossible, even with 2. Otherwise, a very nice card.


I have no interest in using more than one monitor so I think I'll be alright...
Score
0
August 12, 2012 3:25:12 PM

Just thought I'd let ya all know I went with the Galaxy Geforce GTX 680 GC Edition over the SOC because it has a DVI port...I found reviews of the card under the KFA2 Branding and it scored 9.5/10. So I am willing to take the risk with Galaxy! Here goes nothing!
Score
0
a c 172 Î Nvidia
August 12, 2012 4:41:03 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
0
!