Sign in with
Your question

My pc freezes and become unresponsive

Last response: in Systems
September 30, 2012 9:53:17 AM

Okay, to start off I want to say that I'm not in the boondocks when it comes to computers
I've had years of experience with them so I understand a lot of the tech jargon but I have
a problem and I want to avoid a reinstall of my operating system because it would be a big
headache.

My pc is built for gaming, and for some reason it recently the one thing I can't do for very long
its not a matter of not meeting requirements, I have a good pc, not the best but it's no slouch
my specs are as follows:

Motherboard: ASUS P8H61 Plus
CPU: Intel i5-2300 2.80GHz
RAM: (x2) 4GB 1333MHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430

Anyway, the actual problem is that I can do anything, play music, view picture, watch video,
etc. But when I play a game, any game, for awhile it might be fine. but then at some random
point or seemingly random point my system will freeze, my screen losses sync and the audio
sticks. I've already ruled out my graphic card as a problem because I reinstalled the drivers
after removing it and tested it using my older graphics card a NVIDIA GeForce 8800GS and
the issue still occurred. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

More about : freezes unresponsive

a b B Homebuilt system
September 30, 2012 10:03:46 AM

Sounds like a temp problem. Have you ruled out that?
September 30, 2012 11:16:50 AM

My temp level for my CPU on average is 35 degrees and my motherboard 30 degrees
so no I don't think it's a temp issue especially since I had my pc off for awhile before I
actually started it again and I fired up a few games and tried it out and the same issues
protists and I'm kinda at a loss on what the problem might be. I've recorded the temp
for both my motherboard and my CPU during the times it had the issue and my CPU temp
didn't go any higher than 35 and my motherboard was at a constant 30 degrees. So I've
ruled out the temp.
!