6850 help

I can run battlefield 3 On ultra w/ a few lagspikes (cause of cpu bottleneck) @50fps or 60fps
but on minecraft on max i get about 40 fps /50 fps, some other people with a 6850 run it with 200+ fps

Cpu : Core 2 duo E7500 2.9ghz
Motherboard: Dell
RAM: 4gb
GPU: amd 6850
64bit OS

Help please
10 answers Last reply
More about 6850 help
  1. bump
  2. resolution plays heavily on frames.
  3. dudewitbow said:
    resolution plays heavily on frames.

My resolution is about 1300 x 750
    not that much
  4. karanpp20 said:
    bump

Don't...

Bump posts

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first
  5. Did not know, im new.
    sorry
    but can anyone help?
  6. have you recorded your cpu and gpu usage in game. BF3 is a cpu and gpu heavy game in multiplayer.
  7. dudewitbow said:
    have you recorded your cpu and gpu usage in game. BF3 is a cpu and gpu heavy game in multiplayer.

In campaign i get GPU usage around like 50~60
    CPU 99.

Obv my cpu is bottlenecking
    but why in minecraft?
    minecraft uses cpu power

in mineraft my GPU usage is 20(rarely) mostly 2% tho
    while my cpu is like 70%
  8. minecrafts cpu usage comes mostly for the fact of viewing distance, and destructible environment, and all the things moving in the world. battlefield 3's situation is that it has to calculate all 64 players in multiplayer(when it hits that number) the projectiles, destructible environment and everything that is moving, which is why on the system requirements for the game, its heavily pushed for a quad core for bf3, unless you are willing to play on a lower resolution.
  9. karanpp20 said:
    Did not know, im new.
    sorry
    but can anyone help?

That is no excuse for not bothering to read the rules.
  10. dudewitbow said:
    minecrafts cpu usage comes mostly for the fact of viewing distance, and destructible environment, and all the things moving in the world. battlefield 3's situation is that it has to calculate all 64 players in multiplayer(when it hits that number) the projectiles, destructible environment and everything that is moving, which is why on the system requirements for the game, its heavily pushed for a quad core for bf3, unless you are willing to play on a lower resolution.

But the thing is, why do i get 40fps on minecraft and even lower if i can run battlefield 3 just fine on campaign?
    Even my old card geforce 210 ran it at 80+fps it even when over 100fps a few times
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards CPUs Graphics