Your question

The computer I built crashes quite a lot? please help

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Computer
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
September 30, 2012 12:56:57 PM

Hello everyone, I don't really know a lot about computers, but I really wanted to get a great gaming computer and was told what components to buy :hello: 

My computer is

3rd Generation Intel Core i5 3570K 3.40GHz Socket LGA1155

MSI Z77A-G43 Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit

Fractal Design R3 Black Pearl

Samsung S222BB 22x DVD+/-RW SATA Black

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w Silent SLI Ready ATX2 Modular Power Supply

PNY NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 Graphics Card

120GB OCZ Agility 3 2.5" Solid State Drive

Windows 7 64 bit

This is my first ever built and I am not sure if everything is built 100% correctly

It is really fast and plays games very well, but on Google Chrome it comes up a lot saying "Aw Snap" and I have to reload pages often, also when playing games and on the internet, blue screens pop up and the computer restarts before I get a chance to read them :( 

And sometimes games just won't launch it comes up as "launcher has stopped working" but if I restart my computer it sometimes works?

There not too bad these problems but they are a bit annoying as things wont open and randomly close

Please can someone help me out?

Thank you :) 

More about : computer built crashes lot

September 30, 2012 1:00:32 PM

Sorry I forgot to mention that I have tried re-seating my RAM a few times, I am thinking about buying addition RAM and a cooler, would this stop these things from happening please?

I got the two standard fans that came with the case, and the intel fan that came with i5 and CPU thermal paste as coolers, only standard bits and bobs, maybe it's related to cooling?
September 30, 2012 1:10:58 PM

alexjb said:
Sorry I forgot to mention that I have tried re-seating my RAM a few times, I am thinking about buying addition RAM and a cooler, would this stop these things from happening please?

I got the two standard fans that came with the case, and the intel fan that came with i5 and CPU thermal paste as coolers, only standard bits and bobs, maybe it's related to cooling?

Im no expert but I think that if you overclock the components such as the CPU and/or GPU, then you will most definitely need an after market cooler. Even if that has nothing to do with your issues you NEED to get an aftermarket cooler, if you overclock that.

Sorry but thats about all I can tell you, good luck
September 30, 2012 1:17:30 PM

RedPringles said:
Im no expert but I think that if you overclock the components such as the CPU and/or GPU, then you will most definitely need an after market cooler. Even if that has nothing to do with your issues you NEED to get an aftermarket cooler, if you overclock that.

Sorry but thats about all I can tell you, good luck

Thanks I hope that a cooler fixes my problem, I have not overclocked my computer yet but I think it probably would need a cooler to help it out, thanks :)