orus

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2012
Intel(R)
Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80 GHz
2.79 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM
DC power supply: 280 W
1 PCI Express X16 Slots

I want to upgrade graphics, GeForce 7300 LE is in good standing but i want something better, with only 280 W, what are my options.

Solution
NO I think it is better NOT to upgrade your old PC for a new rig because it's a waste of money. I know it because I did it all the time and ended up with a crap. Just let your old system stay and if you wanna upgrade go and build a new PC. Or if u want only GFX upgrade then goto a Radeon HD 5450/ Geforce GT 520 or something like that...you can view hi def vids and do VERY light gaming with those...but if u want any better GPU then u MUST upgrade your PSU to a decent 500W atleast. And always remember NOT TO go for a old graphics card because they consumes more power than new ones. Good luck with your upgrades :)

orus

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2012
I also have a bytechip powersuply 600 W

and

and old case, so i am guessing i could use the dell optiplex 745 mobo and scrap it torgether with a new video card, i want to play games like CS:GO and Dota2 on high if posible...

unlongo

Honorable
May 29, 2012
You could just get a Geforce GTX 560 for about 150$, it is DX11, fairly cheap and has alot of bang for your buck. Another option is the 560 ti, it is in the 240$ range so its a little more pricey but it is better in that it has more shaders and cuda cores

unlongo

Honorable
May 29, 2012

Thats why i suggested the cheap rig build, there are planty of options. I just didnt want to ruin anyones day by saying their computer is...eh...a little out of date to say the least. But really mate, invest into a newer computer.

orus

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2012

Yeah actually, i want to build a new rig using parts i have, like an AMD 64 Athlon x2 (on a dead M2N-E SLI)

Should i just get another MOBO and the GTX560?

or tell me, how can i build a 400 rig, i'm in mexico btw

pasanwc

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2012
NO I think it is better NOT to upgrade your old PC for a new rig because it's a waste of money. I know it because I did it all the time and ended up with a crap. Just let your old system stay and if you wanna upgrade go and build a new PC. Or if u want only GFX upgrade then goto a Radeon HD 5450/ Geforce GT 520 or something like that...you can view hi def vids and do VERY light gaming with those...but if u want any better GPU then u MUST upgrade your PSU to a decent 500W atleast. And always remember NOT TO go for a old graphics card because they consumes more power than new ones. Good luck with your upgrades :)

Solution