Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Need on advice on getting choosing one of these GPUs

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 10, 2012 7:41:41 AM

Hi. I'm trying to choose between these GPUs, and I'm looking for the more reliable and longer lasting one. I'm trying to choose one that will be long-lasting, and reliable, but since I haven't even made my first PC yet, it would be nice to get some advice on which is better. Thanks.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

More about : advice choosing gpus

August 10, 2012 7:55:02 AM

All of those are respected brands and they all have 3 year warranties, except the MSI has 3 years parts/2 years labor for some reason(possibly misprint?). The style of fan on the EVGA is generally louder than the others.

I personally would pick the Gigabyte out of these for it's overclock, quality fans, and better price than the Asus. But you can't go wrong with those choices really.
m
0
l
August 10, 2012 8:02:05 AM

strandiam said:
All of those are respected brands and they all have 3 year warranties, except the MSI has 3 years parts/2 years labor for some reason(possibly misprint?). The style of fan on the EVGA is generally louder than the others.

I personally would pick the Gigabyte out of these for it's overclock, quality fans, and better price than the Asus. But you can't go wrong with those choices really.


Thanks for the reply!

I was however, debating whether I should go for the MSI or Gigabyte, because MSI has a good reputation for it's well build cards and quiet and cool cooling fans, but that gigabyte is very slightly less powerful, like, no even noticeable, but it has 3 fans, which is something I have never seen before. It looks very tempting...

Anyone else? I think I should choose between the MSI and Gigabyte now. I've heard that EVGA has good GPU's besides they're cooling systems, and I really don't think ASUS would have a good run with GPUs. They should stick with they're mobo's :D 
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 175 U Graphics card
August 10, 2012 8:15:00 AM

Make sure it is going to be compatible with your new build PC. Especially, the power supply because many people don't know about that.

I personally will go extra $20 with the MSI. It overclocks really good and it has a really good Phase Power management so it can hold better voltage tweaks. I know that it has only 2 fans compared to the gigabyte 3 fans, but 2 fans is enough really.
m
0
l
August 10, 2012 8:16:00 AM

I've read a lot of good things about Asus. I have a GTX 680 Gigabyte and it's an excellent card. I got it mainly because it was the only one in stock and I had to grab it, couldn't wait for the EVGA one :D  If I'm not mistaken, the EVGA has a slightly quieter fan and EVGA are an excellent company. They encourage overclocking! I would go for EVGA or Gigabyte if I had to get another one.
m
0
l
August 10, 2012 10:50:44 AM

I recommend Going with EVGA, because of it's excellent consumer support, it exhausts the hot out of the case, thus not affecting your other components, and it has the highest factory overclock. And the best thing that it is also the cheapest. Anyway, you just can't go wrong with EVGA.
m
0
l
August 10, 2012 11:33:13 AM

mInInOwA said:
I recommend Going with EVGA, because of it's excellent consumer support, it exhausts the hot out of the case, thus not affecting your other components, and it has the highest factory overclock. And the best thing that it is also the cheapest. Anyway, you just can't go wrong with EVGA.


My gigabyte card also exhausts air out of the case. Is there any one of those cards which doesn't?
m
0
l
August 10, 2012 1:50:20 PM

Davste said:
My gigabyte card also exhausts air out of the case. Is there any one of those cards which doesn't?

Only a small portion of the hot air gets exhausted out of the case right away, the rest stays inside, where later it is exhausted from the top of the case, given you have a fan at the top of your case, or from the rear fan, which is located next to the CPU. In this scenario, the warm air from your video card increases your CPU temps.
m
0
l
August 10, 2012 2:31:16 PM

mInInOwA said:
Only a small portion of the hot air gets exhausted out of the case right away, the rest stays inside, where later it is exhausted from the top of the case, given you have a fan at the top of your case, or from the rear fan, which is located next to the CPU. In this scenario, the warm air from your video card increases your CPU temps.


No no, my GTX 680 has a ventilation fan which pumps hot air out of the back of the case... it doesn't get exhausted from the top of the case. It SUCKS in air FROM the case and pumps hot air out of the case with the ventilation slot. All GTX 680s and 670s use this technology. Most other cards are as you said, exhaust hot airs into the case but none of the cards he linked do.
m
0
l
!