Windows Xp and Excel 2003

I have Windows XP Home edition and need to be able to read attachments that
have been sent to me on Excel 2003. When I read the Excel 2003 page, it
appears that it wants me to change from Windows XP to another version. I am
not sure if I am understanding this. Can I get Excel 2003 and keep my
Windows XP as my main system? Also, is there a way to be able to read the
Excel messages without paying $200?
--
Thanks
4 answers Last reply

    "chrismichelle" <chrismichelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have Windows XP Home edition and need to be able to read attachments that
    > have been sent to me on Excel 2003. When I read the Excel 2003 page, it
    > appears that it wants me to change from Windows XP to another version. I
    > am
    > not sure if I am understanding this. Can I get Excel 2003 and keep my
    > Windows XP as my main system? Also, is there a way to be able to read the
    > Excel messages without paying $200?
    > --
    > Thanks

    Go to the Microsoft Office Homepage and download the Excel 2003 viewer and
    install it on your system.

    Not sure what makes you think you have to change your OS...you do not have
    to, and Microsoft does not require it.

    Bobby

    First off Excel is a spreadsheet program NOT and operating system.
    You can get viewer programs for the components of Microsoft Office (of
    which Excel is part) from
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en&categoryid=9

    "chrismichelle" <chrismichelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have Windows XP Home edition and need to be able to read attachments that
    > have been sent to me on Excel 2003. When I read the Excel 2003 page, it
    > appears that it wants me to change from Windows XP to another version. I
    > am
    > not sure if I am understanding this. Can I get Excel 2003 and keep my
    > Windows XP as my main system? Also, is there a way to be able to read the
    > Excel messages without paying $200?
    > --
    > Thanks

    Windows XP is the operating system Excel is a program that runs on an
    operating system. They aren't substitutes for each other. If you need to use
    Excel files, you'll need to buy Excel or Office (a version that included
    Excel, that is) or some program that can use Excel files. If all you need to
    do is see them and you don't need to change them, you can download an Excel
    viewer. It's somewhere on the Microsoft website; a search should turn it up
    for you.

    Simply download the Microsoft excel viewer from the following link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en&categoryid=9

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert

    The information in this post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any kind,
    either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
    reliability or content of this post. The Author shall not be liable for any
    direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use
    of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this post..

    "chrismichelle" <chrismichelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have Windows XP Home edition and need to be able to read attachments that
    > have been sent to me on Excel 2003. When I read the Excel 2003 page, it
    > appears that it wants me to change from Windows XP to another version. I
    > am
    > not sure if I am understanding this. Can I get Excel 2003 and keep my
    > Windows XP as my main system? Also, is there a way to be able to read the
    > Excel messages without paying $200?
    > --
    > Thanks

Configuration Excel 2003 Windows XP