[New Build] Need verification

Hey guys, can someone check this out and make sure I have a good list and everything is compatible?

Approximate Purchase Date: This week

Budget Range: 700 - 800, with my current list I'm basically capped out at what I want to spend

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Programing, web surfing, gaming.

Do you need to buy OS: Yes, getting Windows 7

Parts Preferences: Pretty set on my cpu and mobo, open to suggestions otherwise.

Overclocking: Nope. Chose the 'k' cause, why not, I will have the ability to do it in the future.

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: I would like to have 2 1600x1200 monitors at least. (EDIT: For multitasking, not gaming)

Additional Comments: I program a lot so the ability to multitask well is SUPER important to me.

Why Are You Upgrading: Decided I wanted to build a computer awhile ago and finally am getting around to it :D

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($134.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Patriot Intel Extreme Master, Limited Ed 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($30.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.66 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7770 2GB Video Card ($159.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Antec One ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Sony AD-7280S-0B DVD/CD Writer ($22.98 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($91.00 @ Amazon)
Total: $769.58
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
8 answers Last reply
More about build verification
  1. That all looks fine. Happy building.
  2. Seagate has had many failures recently. Get a WD/Spinpoint.

    Also, do not get your mobo from Amazon! Get it from Microcenter. They'll give you $50 off the mobo when you bundle it with the i5.

    Also, at that res., get a beefier GPU. A 7850 can be found for $180, and it's a beast of a card.
  3. I took it you wanted two monitors, for multi-tasking, rather than split screen gaming. If so, you only need to consider res as 1600x1200 for gaming. Two screens, for GAMING, is useless. Your eye-line is between monitors. Get a beefier GPU, by all means, but not on basis of 3200x1200.
  4. obsama1 said:
    Seagate has had many failures recently. Get a WD/Spinpoint.

    Also, do not get your mobo from Amazon! Get it from Microcenter. They'll give you $50 off the mobo when you bundle it with the i5.

    Also, at that res., get a beefier GPU. A 7850 can be found for $180, and it's a beast of a card.


    Unfortunately no Microcenter nearby :( thanks for the tip anyway. As for the GPU see below.
    Edit: Okay, I'll use this:
    Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/western-digital-internal-hard-drive-wd5000aakx
    instead.

    Anonymous said:
    I took it you wanted two monitors, for multi-tasking, rather than split screen gaming. If so, you only need to consider res as 1600x1200 for gaming. Two screens, for GAMING, is useless. Your eye-line is between monitors. Get a beefier GPU, by all means, but not on basis of 3200x1200.

    Okay I edited my post. I only wanted the two monitors for regular multitasking, not gaming. Just to clarify, in my case is my current card okay?
  5. I would get a CPU cooler if you plan on overclocking, there are Optical Drives for half the price of that one.
  6. loresr97 said:
    I would get a CPU cooler if you plan on overclocking, there are Optical Drives for half the price of that one.


    Nah I don't plan on overclocking. I chose the k version just in case I change my stance on the matter later on in the future.
    And thanks, looked further into optical drives and picked one much cheaper.
  7. At your resolution, most games will be playable on "high" settings, although Ultra in demanding games are probably beyond it.
  8. Okay thats cool. I'm really not a huge gamer anyway I'm not really too worried about graphics.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product