danboreland

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
Hi, guys, I have been looking at getting a GTX 580, and I stumbled upon a brand called AFOX. it is significantly cheaper, and I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about AFOX, and if it is worth getting the GTX 580. By the way, I'm looking at the 3GB version.

Thanks in advance

Gate9er

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
Hi

I haven't heard of this brand before, but I bet with a few bucks more you can get something top class (i.e. I would recommend not to buy it). Regarding the GTX580 it is a good card, but everything depends on your daily use!

Hope this helps!

Gate9er

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
Memory is not the most important factor when buying a gpu. There is a dozen of other parameters that you will need to take into consideration. I would choose the EVGA one eyes closed, since it is a top class brand and I bet that it is WAY better than the AFOX.

Hope this helps!

strandiam

Honorable
May 9, 2012
I have also not heard of Afox so I'm no help there. And 3gb is only really meaningful if you run multiple monitors so I wouldn't make that the deciding factor if you use one monitor. How much cheaper is the Afox?

danboreland

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012

I only plan on using one monitor. Umm, I'm probably buying second hand on eBay, and both the afox and evga finish tomorrow. The afox is currently at $230, but looks as though it has no interest from anyone, where as the evga is only currently at $160, but has had 8 bids. I imagine the afox would go for around $300, but I think the evga will go for more