Sign in with
Your question

Thoughts on AFOX GTX 580?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 10, 2012 9:03:51 AM

Hi, guys, I have been looking at getting a GTX 580, and I stumbled upon a brand called AFOX. it is significantly cheaper, and I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about AFOX, and if it is worth getting the GTX 580. By the way, I'm looking at the 3GB version.

Thanks in advance

More about : thoughts afox gtx 580

a b U Graphics card
August 10, 2012 9:07:16 AM

Hi

I haven't heard of this brand before, but I bet with a few bucks more you can get something top class (i.e. I would recommend not to buy it). Regarding the GTX580 it is a good card, but everything depends on your daily use!

Hope this helps!
August 10, 2012 9:09:58 AM

Yeah, well I'm buying off eBay, and I need to decide by tomorrow. It is either this, or an EVGA GTX 580 , but the evga is only 1536mb, not 3gb
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 10, 2012 9:14:19 AM

Memory is not the most important factor when buying a gpu. There is a dozen of other parameters that you will need to take into consideration. I would choose the EVGA one eyes closed, since it is a top class brand and I bet that it is WAY better than the AFOX.

Hope this helps!
August 10, 2012 9:14:20 AM

I have also not heard of Afox so I'm no help there. And 3gb is only really meaningful if you run multiple monitors so I wouldn't make that the deciding factor if you use one monitor. How much cheaper is the Afox?
August 10, 2012 9:25:52 AM

strandiam said:
I have also not heard of Afox so I'm no help there. And 3gb is only really meaningful if you run multiple monitors so I wouldn't make that the deciding factor if you use one monitor. How much cheaper is the Afox?

I only plan on using one monitor. Umm, I'm probably buying second hand on eBay, and both the afox and evga finish tomorrow. The afox is currently at $230, but looks as though it has no interest from anyone, where as the evga is only currently at $160, but has had 8 bids. I imagine the afox would go for around $300, but I think the evga will go for more
October 16, 2012 7:48:02 PM

I have the same question.. is afox a good company? I saw alot of afox videocards that are priced 20-30% less than other brands..
!