Thoughts on AFOX GTX 580?

Hi, guys, I have been looking at getting a GTX 580, and I stumbled upon a brand called AFOX. it is significantly cheaper, and I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about AFOX, and if it is worth getting the GTX 580. By the way, I'm looking at the 3GB version.

Thanks in advance
6 answers Last reply
More about thoughts afox
  1. Hi

I haven't heard of this brand before, but I bet with a few bucks more you can get something top class (i.e. I would recommend not to buy it). Regarding the GTX580 it is a good card, but everything depends on your daily use!

Hope this helps!
  2. Yeah, well I'm buying off eBay, and I need to decide by tomorrow. It is either this, or an EVGA GTX 580 , but the evga is only 1536mb, not 3gb
  3. Memory is not the most important factor when buying a gpu. There is a dozen of other parameters that you will need to take into consideration. I would choose the EVGA one eyes closed, since it is a top class brand and I bet that it is WAY better than the AFOX.

Hope this helps!
  4. I have also not heard of Afox so I'm no help there. And 3gb is only really meaningful if you run multiple monitors so I wouldn't make that the deciding factor if you use one monitor. How much cheaper is the Afox?
  5. strandiam said:
    I have also not heard of Afox so I'm no help there. And 3gb is only really meaningful if you run multiple monitors so I wouldn't make that the deciding factor if you use one monitor. How much cheaper is the Afox?

I only plan on using one monitor. Umm, I'm probably buying second hand on eBay, and both the afox and evga finish tomorrow. The afox is currently at $230, but looks as though it has no interest from anyone, where as the evga is only currently at $160, but has had 8 bids. I imagine the afox would go for around $300, but I think the evga will go for more
  6. I have the same question.. is afox a good company? I saw alot of afox videocards that are priced 20-30% less than other brands..
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Graphics