Internal Sound Card Fried

Lightbeast

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013
Sup people, I have a 3250s Gateway, its very old. Earlier my sound card fried, poof. I looked in device manager and didn't see my speakers nor sound drivers, so I uninstalled my drivers, and nothing. I even reformatted the drive, nothing works. The Realtek audio drivers simply are gone. So my main issue is this, when i plug in headphones into the jacks in the back the pc doesn't recognize it, and when i plug the headphones in the front jacks, nothing happens there either, the headphones are some durracel ones, and they have headphone and mic capabilities, but only one male jack to it, not a double one. Any help?

well if your sound card went bad then yes you wont get sound on either front or rear..as for headphones they are nothing special...apple headphones have the same thing...when you plug the headphones to your audio port only the headphone will work, no microphone. headphones like those are designed for phones so you can use the headphones like a headset and the phone will see both mic and speakers with one input..
also go to bios and under integrated devices see your status of the audio card...it might be disabled for some odd reason

Lightbeast

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013
Thanks for replying so quickly, I had no idea the sound card actually played a part in my headphone jacks, everyone I talked to thus far said to get headphones.

So how do i go into BIOs?