Corsair Water cooling

Shaun142

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
Hi guys, i'm going to be purchasing a Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler, which has 1 fan mounted to the radiator, whereas the H80 has two fans mounted, one on either side of the radiator. I was just wondering if it would be a huge mission to mount the h55 with an extra fan? thanks for all replies in advance :)

How easy it will be will depend on your case but it shouldn't be to hard to do a push pull configuration. I wouldn't bother with those closed loop water kit's though as they really are not that great. Closed loop water kits usually only have one fan that has to run at high rpm to keep static pressure up to dissipate heat away from the radiator. You can look up the benchmarks but the point is that in the end they perform no better than good air cooling like a Noctua D14. If you want to do water cooling to a custom water loop if not just go with good air cooling.

+1 rds1220

I have the Corsair H100 and really it has about the same level of performance as I would from the Noctura NH-D14 or other high end air coolers. So if you are thinking about running a closed loop system make sure that you are in good shape to handle the increased attention that may be required from it before you buy one.

TRENDING THREADS