Overclocking PC133

G

Hello all,
Will overclocking an Athlon 1.2 GHz chip on an Asus A7V133 running at 9.0x133 to 9.0x145 burn out memory? I think that's what may have happened to my Micron memory.
Thanks for any info,
Lorin

Pessimist: Glass half empty
Optimist: Glass half full
Engineer: Glass twice as big as needed

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
it shouldnt...
if your ram cant work at 145Mhz your pc just wont boot or is unstable. if thats the case you may have to go down to Cas3.

tell me, what is your PC doing? few more details would be nice

Religious wars are 2 groups of people fighting over who has the best imaginary friend.

G

Poobaa,
My system wouldn't even post. No video, just a beep. When I took the memory out, there was a repeating beep, and when I took the video card out, with the memory in, there was a long beep, followed by 3 short, just as explained in the Asus manual. I replaced the 256MB with a 128 MB stick and things seem to work OK now. What happened?!? :(
Lorin

Pessimist: Glass half empty
Optimist: Glass half full
Engineer: Glass twice as big as needed

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
well its possible you pushed your ram too far...
the fact that the stick of 128 works and the 256 doesnt...

could also very well de a dud stick, or you fried it somehow.
i reccomend u take it back, and pic up some kingmax pc150 (or something similar) they you know its guarenteed to run at 150 (or 145 in your case).

p.s. 8.0 x 150 = 1200 is a particularly nice combo to work with, no extra heat yet 16.6% more bandwidth.

Religious wars are 2 groups of people fighting over who has the best imaginary friend.