daiwek

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
Which is better for cooling? The blower style which expels all of the heat out the back of the case or 2-3 fans?

Solution
I believe you guys misunderstand his question.

He's talking about the typical reference design graphics cards which send air out the back of the case, never heating up the inside of your case vs. the video cards which expel heat into the case.

Both have advantages, but generally, the ones that expel heat into the case cool the card better, but you should have good air flow in the case to prevent heating up other components.

corymartin66

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
for your case to have good cooling u should have one intake fan on the lower front of your case and u should have exhaust Fans on the top and the back and if u have room on the side u can eater make them intake or exhaust

I believe you guys misunderstand his question.

He's talking about the typical reference design graphics cards which send air out the back of the case, never heating up the inside of your case vs. the video cards which expel heat into the case.

Both have advantages, but generally, the ones that expel heat into the case cool the card better, but you should have good air flow in the case to prevent heating up other components.

Solution

mousseng

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012

You're right, ha, it makes a lot more sense to me now (in the context of video card fans). I feel silly.

They (axial fans) also tend to be a bit quieter than the other (centrifugal) type. This is the reason board partners like Gigabyte employ coolers like their Windforce (or MSI's Twin Frozr) as opposed to the reference cooler (which is often, but not always, a centrifugal cooler).