Sign in with
Your question

Case coolers, about their speed

Last response: in Components
February 13, 2013 5:43:57 PM

I have a HAF X case from Cooler master, and a computer with the following settings:

-P8z77-v deluxe, i5 3570K, Gtx 660 TI SC.

Right now, i´m using Fanxpert 2 to control the coolers, but they came with a threshold of 600 rpm(all the fans, top,side, front and rear, on the software only, i have no idea about the fans Rpm) and i would like to know what to do(i mean, i´ve never had a good pc before) to set everything to their best. I´ve playing skyrim, crysis 2, battlefield 3 on the best settings possible(battlefield 3 not so much) but still, i think the fans can go faster without damage to them.

Right now, the cpu fan(fan xpert 2 data) is about 1000 rpm, side and top are off, front at 330 and back at 500, with the cpu at 37-38 °C. They dont go higher than 600 rpm(the software default limit), even if the cpu gets hotter and hotter.

Anyone has any idea about how to do it?

thanks in advance

More about : case coolers speed

February 13, 2013 6:26:51 PM

Replace the fans with faster ones
Moto
February 13, 2013 6:56:25 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
Replace the fans with faster ones
Moto

Sorry, but i my text is a bit confusing, already fixed.

That threshold is just a default number that came on the software from the motherboard, fanxpert 2 (dont know any other). The fans dont have 600 rpm as a limit.

I want to know is; on the fanxpert(or any other software) how to get this limit higher AND which is the best number to put as a limit without damaging the fans(of course, if its the fan limit, we are talking about a heavy load on the computer)

thanks, and sorry for my first text :) 
!