Need help with SLI

Hey, i'm new here and I just have a quick question. I recently built my first ever gaming pc and everything is great. The graphics card I use is the 560ti and I was wondering how SLI works. Is it as simple as if you put in 2 560ti's it doubles power or is it like a 25% increase or does it depend?
12 answers Last reply
More about need
  1. It will depend entirely on the game. Some games will have no increase (with some even loosing performance). Other games will run at near 100% increases. On average I'd say it's around a 65% increase. For the games that don't support sli/crossfire you can disable the 2nd (or 3rd) GPU in the nVidia control panel. You might also notice some micro stuttering as the two GPUs sync up their outputs, but I never noticed it on myself when I was using a pair of 460s.
  2. Ok thanks. I was debating whether to get a second 560ti for Crysis 3 because I just saw a video of the graphics and I'm not sure if one 560ti can handle it.
  3. do you have a motherboard capable of sli & an appropriate cpu so you don't get any bottlenecks? just checking so you don't buy something that won't work/won't be effective ;)
  4. the term is called scaling...
    and it's dependent on the particular game in question, resolution as well as drivers.
    I have scaled as much as 92% depending on the game like I stated..
  5. Yeah i think so. I have the MSI Z77A-G45 Motherboard and an intel i5 core.
  6. what games and resolution.?

7. I'm at 1920x1080 resolution and I usually would play PC exclusive games or games better with PC. Like Witcher 2, Civ V, Tribes: Ascend, Metro 2033, and hoping for Crysis 3.
  8. what drivers are you on.?
  9. Sorry if I sound stupid. But how would I find that out at the moment? I am not near the computer.
  10. gonna have to wait then...
  11. Ok I am able to check now but I still don't know what you mean?
  12. nVidia drivers, what version.?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards SLI Graphics