Fuji A205 DigiCam False Battery Low Indicator

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.point+shoot (More info?)

I got this camera brand new just a few days back. I've plunked in the
Panaonic alkaline batteries which came with the camera and within half
day or about the camera low battery light comes on. The camera at this
stage will auto shutdown believing the batteries are low. I was only
testing out the camera and maybe only took max 15-20 frames leaving
the LCD screen on. I did leave the batteries in the camera. The same
thing happened to another new set of EverReady alkaline batteries.
However I tried the same set of alkaline's on my walkman and the
walkman plays as if the batteries are new. I also tested the both sets
of alkaline "AA" using a multi-meter and they all tested good none of
them failed.

Can anyone suggest what I should do ? Has anyone seen a similar
problem ? Thanks for reading this post.
3 answers Last reply
More about fuji a205 digicam false battery indicator
  1. Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.point+shoot (More info?)

    This is common behavior. The fact is that alkaline batteries don't work
    well in digital cameras. Despite the fact that the batteries test well, and
    work in other devices, after 15 to 20 pictures, they simply no longer have
    enough power for most cameras.

    It is best to look at alkaline batteries the same way as you regard one of
    those "donut" spare tires...sufficient to carry you until you can get a
    "real" tire. In this case the proper power for your camera would be a set
    of NiMH rechargeable batteries of at least 1600 mAH. You should be able to
    shoot at least 50 pictures per charge with these (although they may not last
    as long as the alkalines in your walkman...the devices simply drain
    batteries in a different fashion).

    --

    "The human adventure is just beginning"

    "Tom Henry" <tom23499@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I got this camera brand new just a few days back. I've plunked in the
    > Panaonic alkaline batteries which came with the camera and within half
    > day or about the camera low battery light comes on. The camera at this
    > stage will auto shutdown believing the batteries are low. I was only
    > testing out the camera and maybe only took max 15-20 frames leaving
    > the LCD screen on. I did leave the batteries in the camera. The same
    > thing happened to another new set of EverReady alkaline batteries.
    > However I tried the same set of alkaline's on my walkman and the
    > walkman plays as if the batteries are new. I also tested the both sets
    > of alkaline "AA" using a multi-meter and they all tested good none of
    > them failed.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest what I should do ? Has anyone seen a similar
    > problem ? Thanks for reading this post.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.point+shoot (More info?)

    Justín Käse wrote:
    > In Message-ID:<b72967b4.0412302221.36f93ea5@posting.google.com> posted
    > on 30 Dec 2004 22:21:19 -0800, Tom Henry wrote:
    >
    >> Can anyone suggest what I should do ?
    >
    > Invest in a set of NiMH batteries and a suitable charger.
    >
    >> Has anyone seen a similar
    >> problem ?
    >
    > Likely anyone that's played with a battery hogging digital camera.

    Most seem to praise these items:
    http://shop.mahaenergy.com/store/viewItem.asp?idProduct=210

    --
    Frank ess
  3. Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.point+shoot (More info?)

    Justín Käse <chupacabra@operamail.com> wrote:
    > Tom Henry wrote:
    >
    >>Can anyone suggest what I should do ?
    >
    > Invest in a set of NiMH batteries and a suitable charger.
    >
    >>Has anyone seen a similar problem ?
    >
    > Likely anyone that's played with a battery hogging digital camera.

    Isn't this covered in the manual? My HP M407 manual advises using either
    lithium single-use batteries or NiMH rechargeable. Smaller cameras use
    smaller batteries, unfortunately.

    --
    Martin S.

Point & Shoot Battery Photo Cameras