Asus Xonar DG - computer crashing

RoughJ

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013
Getting quite frustrated with this... I had to do some windows updates overnight and i wake up in the morning to find that im getting the same BSOD i was getting before when i first for this sound card. I usually just put my computer to sleep at night to avoid it BSOD'ing every time i start it. Ive no idea what is causing this, my onboard audio is turned off. My realtek audio manager is uninstalled. Ive uninstalled the sound card driver and tried installing it but when i do it installs thats great, but then i have to restart my computer for it to work which will just end up crashing once again since the sound cards plugged in. Its been hours now and im still where i was at this morning.

The sound card is an ASUS Xonar dg 5.1
BSOD=blue screen of death

Anyone have any experience with dealing with this? Only time ive ever gotten blue screen problems is when my cpu used to overheat... But thats a simple fix =\

also getting this:
This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

Windows did not start a related device driver. To learn more, click the Driver tab and then click Driver Details.

i checked to see if the drivers up to date and it says it is, i however cannot even open the soundcard software but it shows it installed. i looked up the code 12 and it said something like 2 devices are getting in the way of each other.... but i've checked everything. this is the only sound device i have installed right now...

start with your mb rev. make sure the mb bios code is up to date. some time it can be a bios bug. take a look at where the sound card is plugged into and the mb usage map. some slots share irq. you may have placed the sound card into a slot that sharing irq with the video card. if it not that then look into the bios and see if the irq for the pci slot are set to auto or fixed. if there set to fixed number change to auto and reboot. if the error still there go back into the bios and turn off things like serial ports and printer ports to free up an irq. if the sound card works after doing that your should be fine. if the issue still there then your sound card is bad. most new cards should share irq fine.

if it worked fine for weeks...then there two things it could be the card went bad or windows is damaged. I would go into windows safe mode and uninstall the sound card driver software then use a drive sweeper to remove it all. then reboot. if you cant install the newest driver from asus web page without the same error code..looking at a bad card. if you want to try turn off your comports/printer ports and see if the card will install.