How to add more than 1 folder under "Run" on START menu?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

I would like to add several folders under the Run command on the
right of the START menu.

I used this tweak (below) of Kelly's to add one folder there. But If
I run this tweak again it replaces the first folder with the new one.

180. Add a Folder Under the Run Command {lowersmfolderadd.vbs)

I thought I might be able to make the changes by hand so I tried to
understand the code of the tweak. But I couldn't !!!

Can some please advise. Thank you.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

You can't. You are using the OEM's Help link, unused on non OEM computers, of which there is only one.

"Alex Coleman" <coalie@nomail.com> wrote in message news:96CFC36AC9AD231E75@204.153.244.156...
>I would like to add several folders under the Run command on the
> right of the START menu.
>
> I used this tweak (below) of Kelly's to add one folder there. But If
> I run this tweak again it replaces the first folder with the new one.

> 180. Add a Folder Under the Run Command {lowersmfolderadd.vbs)
>
> I thought I might be able to make the changes by hand so I tried to
> understand the code of the tweak. But I couldn't !!!
>
> Can some please advise. Thank you.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

David

Just asking. How is your Dad

--
Peter

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message news:OrPOK%239tFHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
You can't. You are using the OEM's Help link, unused on non OEM computers, of which there is only one.

"Alex Coleman" <coalie@nomail.com> wrote in message news:96CFC36AC9AD231E75@204.153.244.156...
>I would like to add several folders under the Run command on the
> right of the START menu.
>
> I used this tweak (below) of Kelly's to add one folder there. But If
> I run this tweak again it replaces the first folder with the new one.

> 180. Add a Folder Under the Run Command {lowersmfolderadd.vbs)
>
> I thought I might be able to make the changes by hand so I tried to
> understand the code of the tweak. But I couldn't !!!
>
> Can some please advise. Thank you.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Hi David, thank you for your reply. You say that Kelly's new START
menu folder is taking over an existing entry but unused entry.

Is it possible for me to assign folders to other entries on the right
hand side of the START menu which I do not normally display?
For example, I do not display these:

My Network Places
Favorites
Printers and faxes
Help and Support
Run

Are any of these reassignable? If so then how?

Thank you.

On Mon 12 Sep 2005 22:18:22, David Candy wrote:

> You can't. You are using the OEM's Help link, unused on non OEM
> computers, of which there is only one.

> "Alex Coleman" > <coalie@nomail.com> wrote in message
>>

>>I would like to add several folders under the Run command on the
>> right of the START menu.
>>
>> I used this tweak (below) of Kelly's to add one folder there.
>> But If I run this tweak again it replaces the first folder with
>> the new one.

>> 180. Add a Folder Under the Run Command {lowersmfolderadd.vbs)
>>
>> I thought I might be able to make the changes by hand so I
>> tried to understand the code of the tweak. But I couldn't !!!
>>
>> Can some please advise. Thank you.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

If I am not mistaken for XP ,it works here on 2003 then Start\Settings\Task Bar and Start Menu\Start Menu\Customize and put checkmarks to all that is missing

--
Peter

"Alex Coleman" <coalie@nomail.com> wrote in message news:96D08B13A51CD31E75@204.153.244.156...
> Hi David, thank you for your reply. You say that Kelly's new START
> menu folder is taking over an existing entry but unused entry.
>
> Is it possible for me to assign folders to other entries on the right
> hand side of the START menu which I do not normally display?
> For example, I do not display these:
>
> My Network Places
> Favorites
> Printers and faxes
> Help and Support
> Run
>
> Are any of these reassignable? If so then how?
>
> Thank you.
>

> On Mon 12 Sep 2005 22:18:22, David Candy wrote:
>>
>> You can't. You are using the OEM's Help link, unused on non OEM
>> computers, of which there is only one.

>> "Alex Coleman" > <coalie@nomail.com> wrote in message
>>>

>>>I would like to add several folders under the Run command on the
>>> right of the START menu.
>>>
>>> I used this tweak (below) of Kelly's to add one folder there.
>>> But If I run this tweak again it replaces the first folder with
>>> the new one.
>>>
>>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
>>> 180. Add a Folder Under the Run Command {lowersmfolderadd.vbs)
>>>
>>> I thought I might be able to make the changes by hand so I
>>> tried to understand the code of the tweak. But I couldn't !!!
>>>
>>> Can some please advise. Thank you.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

I really don't know. I saw your message this morning and intended to ring dad and ask him to a motorcycle meeting (as I did last year - he is old and smokes). Well I did ask and got the same answer as last year, "I don't feel like it".

I have only met him once this year and that was with 40 million reporters about (we attended someone's bravery award ceremony) and only had time to say hi. He won't see me cause I use a computer for photography and dad uses camera specific systems (PS this photographer is not my dad http://www.maxcandy.com/ my "max candy" does bonsai trees not girls). And I won't print them and he won't view them on a computer.

"Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ODx2WE%23tFHA.3528@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
David

Just asking. How is your Dad

--
Peter

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message news:OrPOK%239tFHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
You can't. You are using the OEM's Help link, unused on non OEM computers, of which there is only one.

"Alex Coleman" <coalie@nomail.com> wrote in message news:96CFC36AC9AD231E75@204.153.244.156...
>I would like to add several folders under the Run command on the
> right of the START menu.
>
> I used this tweak (below) of Kelly's to add one folder there. But If
> I run this tweak again it replaces the first folder with the new one.

> 180. Add a Folder Under the Run Command {lowersmfolderadd.vbs)
>
> I thought I might be able to make the changes by hand so I tried to
> understand the code of the tweak. But I couldn't !!!
>
> Can some please advise. Thank you.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Most are. And you understand correctly.

Kelly has some stuff redirecting My Music or something to another purpose. . All the customisable things are under here in the registry
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{2559a1f0-21d7-11d4-bdaf-00c04f60b9f0}

and the next 8 entries