Sign in with
Your question

Internet drivers windows 7 amd 64 athlon

Last response: in Windows 7
February 14, 2012 6:13:10 PM

I purchased a used AMD Athlon 64 installed windows 7 and the internet driver adapter is not working. I am at school and looking for a driver that will fix the problem.
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
a b À AMD
February 14, 2012 6:22:44 PM

The CPU has nothing to do with it. The driver is for the motherboard. Make and model?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 14, 2012 6:22:46 PM

and you expect us to figure it out with that lack of info?
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
February 14, 2012 6:23:30 PM

What do you mean by "internet Driver"? The CPU doesn't really connect to the internet except thru the motherboards NIC. to get the driver for that, you need to know what motherboard you have.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 14, 2012 6:27:31 PM

Or it could be a PCI NIC, there's no telling.
m
l
February 14, 2012 6:52:57 PM

Reminds me of my teenage years as a freelance computer tech in my hometown. People had no idea what questions to ask, they just know something's broken.

Best job ever, by the way. Got paid $50 to "fix" the internet for this woman. She'd changed her homepage to the following: http: / / w w w. alta vista. com. Every time she opened IE, she got a page not found error and just assumed her computer was broken.

I wasn't planning to charge her, I just explained that website addresses aren't English and don't need spaces between the "words" and told her to not hand edit settings she didn't understand. She was so grateful she paid me anyway.

Good times.
m
l
February 21, 2012 12:34:00 AM

anort3 said:
The CPU has nothing to do with it. The driver is for the motherboard. Make and model?

Well I am glad I have yielded some humor on the site.

I think it an HP pavilion a810n Motherboard?

m
l
!