More than 1 Keyboard?

Petey

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2002
I want to run 2 keyboards off one CPU. Is it possible? Either usb or PS2, will 2 usb keyboards cause a conflict? So I can have 2 people type at one time in the same text window.

Petey

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2002
My wife and I both chat, and rather than link2 computers and share a net connection we could both have a keyboard to type with while we enter chat as a couple

johnoh

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2002
I do not believe this is possible.

You could try using a y splitter in reverse to send the output of each keyboard into the splitter and then have the exit cord go into the computer but if my some miracle that worked you still couldn't type at the same time.

John A

johnoh

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2002
Wait I just read your post again. Looks like you are not trying to type at the same time. Like are you wanting to type one sentence and then she types the next sentence, like that? That might just work with a y splitter. If by chance it could, I would not want to boot up with both plugged in because device initialization would see something weird at the usb or ps/2 port.

John A

upec

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I am sure you can have two keyboard attached to a computer. I did not have problem getting my computer to work with both a USB and a PS/2 keyboard.