can't find downloaded files hidden??

Hi,

Since a few month or weeks I can't see my downloaded files. If I
download a file and select a location, then after the download is
finished I can't see it in that folder. Actually I can see hidden files
and so, but my downloaded file I can't. Where can I turn off this
behaviour, so that i see those files???

win xp sp2

Thanks

Achim

What do you use for d/l? If you use IE, they should be where you 'tell' it
to save; try to save on Desktop, for ex.
If that does not work, you might be in an account w/o rights to d/l files.
Michael