Do i have a psu problem?

mambru91

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013
hey! i just got a question for you guys, i hope you can help me.
recently i bought an asus gforce gtx 660ti OC edition, cause i was expieriencing random game crashes, freezes, etc... they told me my old cpu (a msi r6970 lightning) was overheating their chipset; anyway i bought the nvida and i procced to install and video dont boot up, in fact sometimes the entire computer is just dead,like powerless. i got a gigabite h55m-usb3 wich is compatible with the card, so it should be a simply plug and play install.
I recently check my bios set up screen and i notice my proccesor (i7 870) was at 88°c, wich it seems very hot for me, but i dont know about that stuff.
i think in fact the problem in general of my system its due my psu a thermaltake tr2 rx 850w, wich i have read its a really shity psu, and in worst case scenario can cause component damage.
Im worried my pc blows cause of this, obviously i cant install my new vc, cause sometimes the computer dont boot up, or if it does so, dont show video, and re boot after 10 seconds
this is my rig
can this in fact be a psu problem?
should i change it inmediatly before more trouble?
thanks you guys!!

Solution
The model of the of the psu is junk, made by HEC, but your problem might rely on the cpu, if it's at that temperature, it's way too hot, no wonder you might experience crashes or freezes.

mambru91

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013

so might the psu can cause the high temperatures of my processor, and changing it could fix the problem?

mambru91

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013
thanks you man; i probably send it to repair, i hope some thermal paste and reseat the cooler fix the problem, i would be extremly sad if i have to change cpu too, i tought it was the vc.