Graphics card for AOC i2353 PH monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cranky Critter

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012
Hello: I am seeking some help to choose a graphics card to accommodate an IPS monitor model, the AOC i2353 PH; it is a fairly new and interesting model, but I can't find much on it.

I want to install it on a new Dell Inspiron 600, which has integrated graphics. It has 3 PC Express 1 and one type 16 slots.

I want to use this monitor for occasional photo-editing. It only has HDMI ports. Resolution is 1920 x 1080.

While I have done some reading to understand compatibility issues, I don't have sufficient knowledge to make a wise choice, because I don't know which cards are well-regarded. Some of the cards I have read about seem to have fan problems: I don't know if heat will even be an issue for my usage: maybe I won't need a card with a fan.

I have the impression that $100 or thereabouts should buy a more than adequate card.

I will look forward to your specific suggestions: many thanks!

Solution
The integrated card is more than enough to run that Res with just photo-editing. Both the Inspirion 620 and 660 have HDMI ports for the Intel HD graphics.

ncasolo

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
I'm sorry I can't be of better help but I can tell you heat is usually generated under high load. high load is created by playing video games. If you're looking to do occasional photo editing you're essentially not going to have any heat concerns unless when you install it you completely block all airflow to the card.

When you read about the cards I would look for the following things

1) Does it have an HDMI Port
2) What do people say about the noise of the fans? Loud? Quiet? No comments?
3) Power consumption. Check to see what kind of power supply your dell has and then when you get your card be conscious of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.