Computer Restarts Randomly, NO BSOD.

Whalen207

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2012
github.com
System Specifications:

MOBO :: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 ATX
CPU :: i5-3570k (OC 4.2Ghz) (Heatsink: Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2)
GPU :: EVGA GTX 670 FTW
RAM :: PNY XLR8 8GB DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
PSU :: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W v2.31/ EPS12V BRONZE
SSD :: OCZ Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-60G 60GB SATA III (Boot)
HDD :: WD RE4 WD5003ABYX 500GB 7200 RPM
DISC :: ASUS SATA 24X
CASE :: Corsair Carbide 500R
OS :: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit - OEM

The Problem:

After using the computer for any significant amount of time, the power randomly cuts (Just like a power outage) but then a few seconds later the computer restarts, boots, and operates as normal until it happens again. I DO get the option for entry into Safe Mode and I have tried it -- The computer restarts randomly as if it wasn't in safe mode at all.

Attempted Solutions:

My first thought was that this was a problem with the RAM: PNY isn't the best brand around. I made sure both of the sticks still had all pins connected and ran Memtest -- The computer crashed again during a V4 test but went just fine through a V3.5 test. This, along with a crash while running Prime95 (In Safe Mode), pointed me towards a faulty PSU. But this Corsair unit is pretty high quality and has been serving me just fine since I build this computer, a little over two months ago.

I've gone to system properties and unchecked the automatic restart box, so I'd assume any normal power loss (IE: Virus, faulty GPU OC) would at least grant me a BSOD. I've tried looking at Window's System Event Log and I've found no patterns that could have pointed to a virus infecting the OS. HOWEVER, I did notice that the shutdowns occurred roughly every two and a half hours.

I've cleaned out my registry with CCleaner and checked my temperatures with Everest, Core Temp and SpeedFan. I've noticed SpeedFan fails to recognize the clock multiplier on my CPU, but I think that's a whole other story. The computer has been booted with stock, 4.2 and 4.4 GHz clock speeds, all to no avail. I don't think a typical virus would go as far as to infect my BIOs, so is the PSU? Should I RMA it?

EDIT: Also I ran some more Prime95 tests and the computer performs fine, I'm thinking it's a virus but if I crash in memtest... Dear god.