Nokia 6230 Wallpaper

Hi!

Has anyone any ideas how to get round the wallpaper and caller ID issue
in the 6230? If you have a dark wallpaper you cannot see the caller ID
as it layers itself over the wallpaper. Is there a way around this
(apart from the obvious light wallpaper!)

Thanks

Nick
4 answers Last reply
More about nokia 6230 wallpaper

    Nick Packham <nick@travelnick.com> wrote in news:brucd.517$B17.216@newsfe1-
    win.ntli.net:

    > Hi!
    >
    > Has anyone any ideas how to get round the wallpaper and caller ID issue
    > in the 6230? If you have a dark wallpaper you cannot see the caller ID
    > as it layers itself over the wallpaper. Is there a way around this
    > (apart from the obvious light wallpaper!)
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Nick

    Known limitation of the current firmware.

    Meaning it could be coded so this doesn't happen. But they haven't
    bothered so far to change it.

    --
    sA

    Nokia,

    If you are listening... - Ha Ha! like you take any notice of your users!
    :-)

    Why not do what other manufacturers do and have a nice black font but with a
    white outline. Then the text shows up no matter what the colour of the
    background (wallpaper).

    OR

    Radical idea here... Pop a white background up under the caller id display
    when the phone rings.

    Of course, if you changed it, that would be like admitting you got it wrong
    first time round, and I guess you don't like doing that...

    ;-)

    Chris.
    --
    Please remove shoes to reply

    But what ... is it good for?
    - Engineer at the Advanced Computing Systems Division of IBM, 1968,
    commenting on the microchip.

    "ChrisM" <chris_mayersBlue@SuedeYahoo.com> wrote in

    > Nokia,
    >
    > If you are listening... - Ha Ha! like you take any notice of your
    > users!
    >:-)

    Hmmm... chance would be a fine thing.

    > Why not do what other manufacturers do and have a nice black font but
    > with a white outline. Then the text shows up no matter what the colour
    > of the background (wallpaper).

    Easy to code and a nice effect.

    > OR
    >
    > Radical idea here... Pop a white background up under the caller id
    > display when the phone rings.

    They did it with all the other notifications, just not the most important
    one: the caller's name. Fairly typical.

    > Of course, if you changed it, that would be like admitting you got it
    > wrong first time round, and I guess you don't like doing that...
    >
    > ;-)
    >
    > Chris.

    No, they're far too big and important for that. :-P

    --
    sA

Nokia Wallpaper