Hide Shutdown command on Welcome Screen

How can I hide the shutdown command on the welcome screen?

I am pretty sure you cannot but you may wish to use the more secure log in
style under Control Panel > Users so it looks like a more proffessional log
on (like Windows 2000/98).

--
• Thorpe •

"Borent" wrote:

> How can I hide the shutdown command on the welcome screen?

Start, Run and enter REGEDIT Go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system

Look in the right pane for a value called ShutdownWithoutLogon. If it exists, it should be set to 1. If so, double click ShutdownWithoutLogon and change the value to 0.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.