Hide Shutdown command on Welcome Screen

How can I hide the shutdown command on the welcome screen?
2 answers Last reply
More about hide shutdown command screen

    I am pretty sure you cannot but you may wish to use the more secure log in
    style under Control Panel > Users so it looks like a more proffessional log
    on (like Windows 2000/98).

    --
    • Thorpe •

    "Borent" wrote:

    > How can I hide the shutdown command on the welcome screen?

    Start, Run and enter REGEDIT Go to:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system

    Look in the right pane for a value called ShutdownWithoutLogon. If it exists, it should be set to 1. If so, double click ShutdownWithoutLogon and change the value to 0.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Borent" <Borent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A99DF51-F5B7-4985-B963-4791FE204C01@microsoft.com...
    > How can I hide the shutdown command on the welcome screen?

Configuration Shutdown Command Prompt Customization Microsoft Windows XP