How can I transfer SMS from one cellular to another?

Last response: in Brands
October 17, 2004 9:58:35 PM

Hello,

I just got a new cellular phone, a nokia 6100. My prior telephone was a
nokia 8310. Here is my question. When i transfered the SIM-card from the old
telephone to the new one, i've notice that all the SMS stocked in the old
one haven't been transfer to the new telephone. Is there a way to get these
SMS into my new mobile phone?
Thanks for your help
Cheers
Philippe

More about : transfer sms cellular

October 19, 2004 8:39:58 PM

"Philippe Tréguier" <philippe.treguier@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I just got a new cellular phone, a nokia 6100. My prior telephone was a
> nokia 8310. Here is my question. When i transfered the SIM-card from the
old
> telephone to the new one, i've notice that all the SMS stocked in the old
> one haven't been transfer to the new telephone. Is there a way to get
these
> SMS into my new mobile phone?
> Thanks for your help
> Cheers
> Philippe

Easiest way is probably to just text the messages from the old phone to the
new one. Won't cost you that much, unless you have hundreds...

You might be able to find a way of sending them via IR (as notes...?) I
can't see a way of doing it with my phone (6230) but if sending them via SMS
is not an option its worth a look.

Another possibility is some connectivity software Nokia Suite(?), though
you'd have to check to see if it was available for both phones,

Good Luck!

Chris.

--
Please remove shoes to reply

But what ... is it good for?
- Engineer at the Advanced Computing Systems Division of IBM, 1968,
commenting on the microchip.
!