Rate my build?

twystedfyre

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
i5 3550
msi z77a-g45
8gb 1600 mhz
xfx radeon 5770 (i kept this from my last comp)
cooler master 550 psu, non modular

thermaltake v3 case

I would say that you have a solid entry level gaming system. The video card is a little behind the times and this is where most of the gaming performance would come from. If you are not looking at this as a gaming system I would rate it a mid level general purpose system.

If you are working off a budget then lower the CPU and chipset, Sandybridge CPU's and Z68 motherboards can be picked up for cheap at certain outlets but stocks are disappearing.

As above the HD5770 is very old now, I would be looking at getting that up to a HD7850 level, it is worth the investment even if it means rolling in a i3.

There is then the AMD option, but that gets people cranky.

twystedfyre

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
you would buy a replacement video card because "it's behind the times" ? if it works don't fix it, what's the point of having the latest and greatest? compensation. lol.

Bolivious

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
Thats not what he was saying, what he was saying is that if your video card is old. Sure it works, but so does riding a bike, however, I would prefer to drive a car around town because its faster and better.

I think he got it backward with his rating also, its a solid general purpose system and an entry level gaming PC at best. That video card in comparison with the rest of your build is like dropping a Pinto engine into a Corvette.

twystedfyre

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012

much appreciated response, cheers.