Looking to upgrade my Cpu

I Have a Micro Star MS-7309 Mother board running an Athlon 64 X2 CPU: 3800+
i'm looking to upgrade to something faster... and was wondering if any of these are better or usable with my mother board?

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
or
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+
or
AMD Phenom II X4 940
or
AMD Phenom II X4 x945
or
AMD Phenom II X3 z740

(sidenote) can this mother board support 2 harddrives? (the external one is ok but it just doesn't have the speed performance of an internal)

EDIT i have the MSI K9N6PGM2-V (MS-7309) no v2 it apparently tops out at a 95w processor? i'd like a quad or 3 core with more than the 2.0ghz i have now so any suggestions would be great thanks.
8 answers Last reply
More about looking upgrade
  1. Go for phenom x4 945 cpu.it is better
  2. i've been informed i can only have up to 95w so cuz it's the MSI K9N6PGM2-V so i've been informed that maybe only the phenom ii x4 955 will work? any idea
  3. No, list of compatible CPU on the MSI website: http://www.msi.com/product/mb/K9N6PGM2-V.html#/?div=CPUSupport

    Looks like you can't have more than a 200fsb... And support 95w on AM2 only and 65w on AM3
  4. spawnkiller said:
    No, list of compatible CPU on the MSI website: http://www.msi.com/product/mb/K9N6PGM2-V.html#/?div=CPUSupport

    Looks like you can't have more than a 200fsb... And support 95w on AM2 only and 65w on AM3



    so the phenom ii x4 910e is about my limit
  5. wbro1606 said:
    so the phenom ii x4 910e is about my limit


    Do you need to upgrade now? If not, wait a few months and replace your CPU, motherboard and RAM.
  6. zander1983 said:
    Do you need to upgrade now? If not, wait a few months and replace your CPU, motherboard and RAM.


    well i've read in about 30 different places now the ph ii x4 945 works perfect in the 7309 i have so my local pc shop has 1 for 50$ so i'm gunna do that 4 cores of around 3shouldbe plenty
  7. wbro1606 said:
    well i've read in about 30 different places now the ph ii x4 945 works perfect in the 7309 i have so my local pc shop has 1 for 50$ so i'm gunna do that 4 cores of around 3shouldbe plenty


    That is a good deal.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs AMD Motherboards