Just to be sure

I am going to be swapping out my FX 8120 ,for a FX 6300 and want to be sure I'm good to go. I have a GIGABYTE GA-78 LMT USB3 mATX. I recently updated the bios from f2 to f4. F3 added support for am3+ CPUs. Do I need to download f3 or am I all clear? Will there be any issues with my OS afterwards
7 answers Last reply
More about just sure
  1. Yes you are clear.f4 include f1,f2,f3 bios.just get your new cpu.
  2. you will be fine ;)
  3. you'll be fine. but may I ask the reason your are doing this swap?

good luck
    -satyam
  4. I'm currently in the process of upgrading my PC just upgraded my GPU to a MSI 7950 twin Frozr and I have read that the 6300 piledriver AMD processors are stronger and more efficient for gaming. Gonna make the swap wish me luck. It's been a tense week with all my swapping I'm paranoid I'm gonna mess something up but if it all goes we'll I just might give away a code for Crysis 3! I already have C3 payed off and I figure there is someone who needs a break. I'll post my results in about 30. Wish me luck
  5. Your so called upgrade just seems pointless.
    The FX 6300 is better for gaming, but it isn't a day and night difference and you're also sacrificing multi-threaded performance.
    Just overclock your FX 8120 and wait for AMD's Streamroller CPU's to come out.
  6. Success code will be sent to the person who posted on this thread and who is the first to respond
  7. gleny217 said:
    Success code will be sent to the person who posted on this thread and who is the first to respond

ill take the code :D
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs