6230> GPRS connection

Hello,

I bought a Nokia 6230 all work fine except the GPRS connection. I try to use
my cell phone like a modem

I did that :

1. Make a connexion between PC and Nokia via bluetooth ..... ok

2. Created a pair between the laptop and Nokia ... ok I see my laptop in
paired devices

3. The Nokia is of course found on the laptop (Windows XP SP2)

4. I launch the GPRS connection from the latop, I see on the cell phone
"Connection to ..." I have to validate on the cell phone ... ok. I see
"Connected". A dialing up connection is available on the laptop with the
login and password and phone number (*99***1#)

5. I do "Dialing....". I see "verifiy user name and password" and after
"Registering the computer on the network" after 1 seconds I have a error
message "subscribe to GPRS first" but I have GPRS. When I try with the Sony
T68i that's work.

The problem I think, I have to put somewhere the CID (like in the Sony T68i)
in my case "1" but I don't see where. Do you have an idea ?

Thanks,
2 answers Last reply
More about 6230 gprs connection

    On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 18:06:38 +0200, "Christian Ista" <ml@cista.be>
    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I bought a Nokia 6230 all work fine except the GPRS connection. I try to use
    >my cell phone like a modem
    >
    >I did that :
    >
    >1. Make a connexion between PC and Nokia via bluetooth ..... ok
    >
    >2. Created a pair between the laptop and Nokia ... ok I see my laptop in
    >paired devices
    >
    >3. The Nokia is of course found on the laptop (Windows XP SP2)
    >
    >4. I launch the GPRS connection from the latop, I see on the cell phone
    >"Connection to ..." I have to validate on the cell phone ... ok. I see
    >"Connected". A dialing up connection is available on the laptop with the
    >login and password and phone number (*99***1#)
    >
    >5. I do "Dialing....". I see "verifiy user name and password" and after
    >"Registering the computer on the network" after 1 seconds I have a error
    >message "subscribe to GPRS first" but I have GPRS. When I try with the Sony
    >T68i that's work.
    >
    >The problem I think, I have to put somewhere the CID (like in the Sony T68i)
    >in my case "1" but I don't see where. Do you have an idea ?

    All settings can be sent from here:
    http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,6771,54008,00.html
    --
    Munch

    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I bought a Nokia 6230 all work fine except the GPRS connection. I try to use
    >my cell phone like a modem
    >
    >I did that :
    >
    >1. Make a connexion between PC and Nokia via bluetooth ..... ok
    >
    >2. Created a pair between the laptop and Nokia ... ok I see my laptop in
    >paired devices
    >
    >3. The Nokia is of course found on the laptop (Windows XP SP2)
    >
    >4. I launch the GPRS connection from the latop, I see on the cell phone
    >"Connection to ..." I have to validate on the cell phone ... ok. I see
    >"Connected". A dialing up connection is available on the laptop with the
    >login and password and phone number (*99***1#)
    >
    >5. I do "Dialing....". I see "verifiy user name and password" and after
    >"Registering the computer on the network" after 1 seconds I have a error
    >message "subscribe to GPRS first" but I have GPRS. When I try with the Sony
    >T68i that's work.
    >
    >The problem I think, I have to put somewhere the CID (like in the Sony T68i)
    >in my case "1" but I don't see where. Do you have an idea ?

    Have you configured the correct GPRS access point under menu Settings
    ¦ Connectivity ¦ GPRS ¦ GPRS modem settings?

    Another thing I found is that although my network operator recommended
    to use the dial string *99***1#, I could only get it to work using the
    string *99***#. I'm not sure what any of those characters in that
    string mean anyway.

    Chris

Nokia Cell Phones Connection