  • Cell Phones
  • Connection
Last response: in Brands
October 17, 2004 10:06:38 PM

Hello,

I bought a Nokia 6230 all work fine except the GPRS connection. I try to use
my cell phone like a modem

I did that :

1. Make a connexion between PC and Nokia via bluetooth ..... ok

2. Created a pair between the laptop and Nokia ... ok I see my laptop in
paired devices

3. The Nokia is of course found on the laptop (Windows XP SP2)

4. I launch the GPRS connection from the latop, I see on the cell phone
"Connection to ..." I have to validate on the cell phone ... ok. I see
"Connected". A dialing up connection is available on the laptop with the
login and password and phone number (*99***1#)

5. I do "Dialing....". I see "verifiy user name and password" and after
"Registering the computer on the network" after 1 seconds I have a error
message "subscribe to GPRS first" but I have GPRS. When I try with the Sony
T68i that's work.

The problem I think, I have to put somewhere the CID (like in the Sony T68i)
in my case "1" but I don't see where. Do you have an idea ?

Thanks,

More about : 6230 gprs connection

October 17, 2004 11:51:25 PM

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 18:06:38 +0200, "Christian Ista" <ml@cista.be>
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I bought a Nokia 6230 all work fine except the GPRS connection. I try to use
>my cell phone like a modem
>
>I did that :
>
>1. Make a connexion between PC and Nokia via bluetooth ..... ok
>
>2. Created a pair between the laptop and Nokia ... ok I see my laptop in
>paired devices
>
>3. The Nokia is of course found on the laptop (Windows XP SP2)
>
>4. I launch the GPRS connection from the latop, I see on the cell phone
>"Connection to ..." I have to validate on the cell phone ... ok. I see
>"Connected". A dialing up connection is available on the laptop with the
>login and password and phone number (*99***1#)
>
>5. I do "Dialing....". I see "verifiy user name and password" and after
>"Registering the computer on the network" after 1 seconds I have a error
>message "subscribe to GPRS first" but I have GPRS. When I try with the Sony
>T68i that's work.
>
>The problem I think, I have to put somewhere the CID (like in the Sony T68i)
>in my case "1" but I don't see where. Do you have an idea ?

All settings can be sent from here:
http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,6771,54008,00.html
--
Munch
Anonymous

wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I bought a Nokia 6230 all work fine except the GPRS connection. I try to use
>my cell phone like a modem
>
>I did that :
>
>1. Make a connexion between PC and Nokia via bluetooth ..... ok
>
>2. Created a pair between the laptop and Nokia ... ok I see my laptop in
>paired devices
>
>3. The Nokia is of course found on the laptop (Windows XP SP2)
>
>4. I launch the GPRS connection from the latop, I see on the cell phone
>"Connection to ..." I have to validate on the cell phone ... ok. I see
>"Connected". A dialing up connection is available on the laptop with the
>login and password and phone number (*99***1#)
>
>5. I do "Dialing....". I see "verifiy user name and password" and after
>"Registering the computer on the network" after 1 seconds I have a error
>message "subscribe to GPRS first" but I have GPRS. When I try with the Sony
>T68i that's work.
>
>The problem I think, I have to put somewhere the CID (like in the Sony T68i)
>in my case "1" but I don't see where. Do you have an idea ?

Have you configured the correct GPRS access point under menu Settings
¦ Connectivity ¦ GPRS ¦ GPRS modem settings?

Another thing I found is that although my network operator recommended
to use the dial string *99***1#, I could only get it to work using the
string *99***#. I'm not sure what any of those characters in that
string mean anyway.

Chris
!