Computer freezes with loud squeaking sound from speakers

Hello fellow members of Tom's Hardware!

Sorry if this is it the wrong section, but I have read so many other posts about this problem, but none have solved my problem. When I play games like wow,crysis or any game my computer just freezes with no BSOD, no error messages, just the last frame on the screen with a very loud, annoying buzzing sound. It's getting very annoying and happens very commonly, but only in game
At first i thought it was some issue with the drivers so i uninstalled windows 7 64 bit and installed fresh copy of windows 7 32 bit and only installed latest graphic drivers and chrome and did not choose to install the audio drivers that came along with the graphic drivers and chose to use windows default drivers as some times the audio drivers causes the issue

System Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3550 @ 3.3 GHz
GFX: HD 4870
Mobo: Gigabyte b75M-D3H
RAM: Corsair vengeance 4gb ddr 3 1600Mhz
HDD: 1 Tb western digital
PSU: Glacial power 650 AA
Scree: acer 22' led
also i set the scaling to 0 as initially the display wasnt occupying the full screen

Any direction here is highly appreciated :) , let me know if u want me to run any tests and any softwares in particular. Thanks
17 answers Last reply
More about computer freezes loud squeaking sound speakers
  1. i would check the graphic card if it is not over heathing and that the fan run also look around in the case to see if nothing could block fan from running and spinning free
  2. Just installed Gpu-Z to check the temperatures
    Gpu temperature 63 c
    Gpu shader core temp 67.5
    Gpu temp memo 74c

ARe these temperatures fine ?? these are the idle temperatures
  3. that to high for idle check the cpu fan it is not cooling the graphic card
  4. opened up the box to check the fan its unning fine, Gpuz shows 1200 rpm, any software to tweak the fan speeds? catalyst suite overdrive doesnt seem to work
  5. Used Msi afterburner and bumped up the fan speed to 70% and the gpu temp maintained around 50 c but when i opened up wow when gpu usage went to 48% and then the same thing.. freeze :( ,
  6. Should i change some settings in BIOS?
    If yes please tell me what i should be changing , found a link to a similar issue
    Not sure what to change in bios.
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/random-freezes-with-windows-7-64-bit/85cad5d1-dace-415d-9b06-5c609209e232
  7. could you check this hd 4870 in another system to see if it will made it crash since you have to put the fan at 70 % to get the temp a 50 c,this is not a normal temp if the system is on idle,also these are the driver you have to use for the 4000 card series http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/legacy/Pages/legacy-radeonaiw-vista64.aspx those are for a 64 bits win 7 the other for 32 bits http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/legacy/Pages/legacy-radeonaiw-vista32.aspx
  8. Hi , Thanks for ur inputs again
    Yes Im Using the latest drivers from amd site
    i checked bios and my ram has been set to 1333hz when it is capable of 1600hz b75M-D3H board manual says i can use 1600Mhz ram when my cpu is 22nm architecture , since my cpu is i5 3550 guess that is fine? i set the frequency to 1600Mhz now. i want to know how to check my dram timings and how i should set them
  9. Removed the graphic card and it hasnt crashed for the past 1 hour ..how do i check if my graphic card is faultY? or may be PSU problem ?? anyone?
  10. any inputs??
  11. you working not with the onboard graphic and no crash for your memory speed use this http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html the memory show the speed it run and spd the one it could run with the setting
  12. Took my psu and graphic card to a friends system and ran furmark played a little with my psu and graphic card it did not hang.. borrowed his GTX 550 ti and hooked it on my system with my old psu no freezes so far except that the display flickered once or twice while gaming, (wonder why) need to check my gcard again.
  13. display flicker could be cause by bad refresh rate for the monitor or bad video cable or not well connected or defective http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows7/Correct-monitor-flicker-refresh-rate
  14. skeptic89 said:
    Hello fellow members of Tom's Hardware!

Sorry if this is it the wrong section, but I have read so many other posts about this problem, but none have solved my problem. When I play games like wow,crysis or any game my computer just freezes with no BSOD, no error messages, just the last frame on the screen with a very loud, annoying buzzing sound. It's getting very annoying and happens very commonly, but only in game
    At first i thought it was some issue with the drivers so i uninstalled windows 7 64 bit and installed fresh copy of windows 7 32 bit and only installed latest graphic drivers and chrome and did not choose to install the audio drivers that came along with the graphic drivers and chose to use windows default drivers as some times the audio drivers causes the issue

System Specs:

GFX: HD 4870
    HDD: 1 Tb western digital
    PSU: Glacial power 650 AA
    Scree: acer 22' led
    also i set the scaling to 0 as initially the display wasnt occupying the full screen

Any direction here is highly appreciated :) , let me know if u want me to run any tests and any softwares in particular. Thanks

I have the same problem, could some help me please.

I did not install any external GPU.

When I play games like FIFA 10, 12 , nfsmw 12 , or any game my computer just freezes with no BSOD, no error messages, just the last frame on the screen with a very loud, annoying buzzing sound. It's getting very annoying and happens very commonly, but only in game

Some one please help me with this, Its been less than 1 month I got this pc.

System Specs:

GPU: NO Gpu
    HDD: 1 Tb segate hard disk
    PSU: cooler master thunder 450w
    Scree: LG 17 inch
  15. @ vishnuboda you should start a new post with you issue maybe that your psu or the onboard graphic card you use could not handle these games to much for her and use this for report of freezing if system got some http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed
  16. scout_03 said:
    @ vishnuboda you should start a new post with you issue maybe that your psu or the onboard graphic card you use could not handle these games to much for her and use this for report of freezing if system got some http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

Thank you brother, Ill do it
  17. I had the same issue before, my resolution was to reformat my PC then turning off the Windows Update and it did resolved the issue..^_^
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Drivers Systems