Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Hd 7970 Crossfire issue

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 11, 2012 4:32:34 AM

crossfire x internal bridge interconnections linking your graphics cards together are not properly attached. Iv tried changing out the bridges uninstalling reinstalling the drivers reinstalling cards. Both cards are functional separately is their anything i should try?

More about : 7970 crossfire issue

August 11, 2012 4:37:53 AM

Fully uninstall and reinstall CCC, rather than just updating it. Also fully reinstall / remove any previous CAPs you may have installed, as well as GPU monitoring programs.
m
l
August 11, 2012 4:43:46 AM

unlongo said:
Fully uninstall and reinstall CCC, rather than just updating it. Also fully reinstall / remove any previous CAPs you may have installed, as well as GPU monitoring programs.

I have already tried that i think my motherboard is causing the problem tho i am not shore.
m
l
Related resources
August 11, 2012 4:49:02 AM

Youre positive it is a Crossfire connector? i have seen people use a connector that came with their mobo and it be an SLI bridge. Did it come with one of the GPU's?
m
l
August 11, 2012 4:51:18 AM

unlongo said:
Youre positive it is a Crossfire connector? i have seen people use a connector that came with their mobo and it be an SLI bridge. Did it come with one of the GPU's?

I am using the connectors that came with the cards and i have tried other connectors i have but none see to work.
m
l
August 11, 2012 4:54:12 AM

have you tested each individually? also, make sure the power connectors are properly clicked in and each cards are fully in the lane. If you are using an ivy bridge processor it may be using PCI-E 3.0 in one lane and not in another which would disable crossfire. can you list system specs?
m
l
August 11, 2012 4:59:50 AM

unlongo said:
have you tested each individually? also, make sure the power connectors are properly clicked in and each cards are fully in the lane. If you are using an ivy bridge processor it may be using PCI-E 3.0 in one lane and not in another which would disable crossfire. can you list system specs?

I have tested both individually they both work just fine by themselves.
GIGABYTE GA-z68-UD4-b3
i7-2600k 3.4GHZ
corsair 16G DDR3 1333
sapphire radeon hd 7970 diamond radeon hd 7970
m
l

Best solution

August 11, 2012 5:01:24 AM

how many total connectors have you tried? i suggest going to newegg or amazon and ordering 2 new ones, people have had this problem before and were told even by customer support to buy a new bridge. One unlucky fellow tried 4 and none worked. Bought 2 new ones from amazon and the 1st worked out of the box.
August 11, 2012 5:06:32 AM

unlongo said:
how many total connectors have you tried? i suggest going to newegg or amazon and ordering 2 new ones, people have had this problem before and were told even by customer support to buy a new bridge. One unlucky fellow tried 4 and none worked. Bought 2 new ones from amazon and the 1st worked out of the box.

I have tried 5 but the other 3 are kinda old i will try buying new ones thanks for the help much appreciated.
m
l
August 21, 2012 2:05:02 AM

Best answer selected by umbra234.
m
l
!