Why does my stupid computer tell me that it cannot identify my wireless network?

Herema

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
Two months now....searching, researching, asking support techie help, yelling at my computer, and seeking on-line help through FAQ and forums, I even bought a new router (now I have two of something working perfectly). My laptop is "working properly" also...nothing wrong with my wifi adapter and can connect to everyone's network EXCEPT MY OWN.

Had Linksys when the gremlin bit my computer. Boought TP-Link to replace it thinking it had to be the router.

Modem - Motorola (ATT DSL) works just fine direct with ethernet....and finally I got my router (TP-Link) and the dsl modem to play nicely (can connect via ethernet through router through modem). My computer continues to rebel by saying it is trying to "identify the network."

I have reset both routers several times, reset perimeters, cloned MAC of my laptop to the router, yelled at it some more....nothing works.

Please....HELP ME before I do something really dumb....like buy a new computer and start alllllll over.....

thanks
HC

Herema

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
now that is too funny. I typed that "topic starter" in Google out of frustration and thought I found just another techie question place....and voila....another forum.

Sorry for the 'tude, but this has gone long enough.

Almost sledge hammer time

TRENDING THREADS