Sign in with
Your question

Does this support crossfire?

Last response: in Systems
October 1, 2012 10:06:35 PM

Does this mobo support crossfire:
Asus P8Z77-V LX ATX LGA1155 Motherboard

I've looked around and sites say it does however when on http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/j58r it says it does not support crossfire? Also it say I need one more PCI-Express x16 slot, how do I fix this?

More about : support crossfire

October 1, 2012 11:25:35 PM

Get the LK.
October 1, 2012 11:33:09 PM

it supports it but the SLI boards are slightly better since they split the lanes to 8x 8x when you use 2 cards while on the crossfire-only motherboards, it is 16x 4x which isnt always enough bandwidth
Related resources
October 1, 2012 11:35:52 PM

The ASRock Extreme 4 is about the same price and it's SLI and Crossfire ready. Much better for Crossfire, in my opinion.
October 2, 2012 6:24:47 AM

obsama1 said:
The ASRock Extreme 4 is about the same price and it's SLI and Crossfire ready. Much better for Crossfire, in my opinion.

I'm seeing a lot of different motherboards that are the same, where do I find the one you specify?
October 2, 2012 6:45:52 AM

First one looks like it, the second one looks like a pro version and different from what I'm using. But ASRock Z77 Extreme4 is a good motherboard for anything. Don't regret the day I got it. =)
October 2, 2012 8:20:54 AM

Adsuki said:
First one looks like it, the second one looks like a pro version and different from what I'm using. But ASRock Z77 Extreme4 is a good motherboard for anything. Don't regret the day I got it. =)

Does the second one look like it will work though? If it does I'll get that as I can't really expand my budget.
October 2, 2012 10:29:54 AM

Neither of those, really. Definitely not the one from overclockers. That will give you the same issue as the original LX. Ideally you want the ATX version of the Extreme4, that Aduski linked, on Scan, or the Asus LK, I mentioned earlier.
!