Graphics card problem

Hi all , well i'm new here and this is my first post. Did a bit of searching for a similar issue but i haven't been able to find a solution. I can not get a signal to my display anymore since i installed a new GTX560 card to replace my existing GT8800 card. So i have made sure it is properly seated in the PCI-E slot and both 6 pin power connectors are attached. My motherboard is an ASUS striker II formula 780i SLI and i have a 700w rated power supply. I tried the other PCI-E slots ( the other blue one and the white one in the middle). Then i put my old GT8800 back in and now it doesn't work either.. I am lost as to what i should do.

Perhaps i need to reset the cmos , using the pin on the board or taking out the battery and reinstalling it , if i can get my old card to work . i realised i need to update the bios too, i should of done that ages ago :( I'm not sure if that is the root of the problem.

My system spec is :

Tagan 700W TG700-U33 2Force-II Power Supply
ASUS Striker II Formula Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16 GHz
ASUS Silent Knight AL
Corsair 4096MB ( 2x 2048MB) 800MHz DDR2 RAM
Western Digital 250GB SATA HDD 16MB Cache Caviar Blue
Western Digital 1TB SATA HDD 64MB Cache Caviar Black
Pioneer DVD+/-R/RW DVD Burner
ASUS GTX560
Windows 7 64bit
9 answers Last reply
More about graphics card problem
  1. Try to run the computer from the motherboard graphics. It seems like the motherboard switched to use the onboard, so you just have to switch it back.
  2. Thanks for the quick reply! Well actually the motherboard doesn't seem to have onboard graphics. I wish it was that simple lol.
  3. Hmm.Your PSU is fine. Everything else looks fine. Can you hear the computer booting and everything? And just no signal?
  4. I did the first time i put the new card in , since then there is no beeps at all. So i reset the cmos several times but it didnt help. I have a lcd poster that gives info in the post , it lights up when i hit the switch on the psu and reads CPU INIT but doesnt progress at all from from there when i push the power on switch on the mother board. I hope that doesnt mean my cpu has died
  5. Well it wasn't the GPU , it was the motherboard:P design flaw with the asus striker formula boards , followed some steps and finally resolved it
  6. Kernel_Meltdown said:
    Well it wasn't the GPU , it was the motherboard:P design flaw with the asus striker formula boards , followed some steps and finally resolved it

What steps did you follow? I'm having the same problem.
  7. Kernel_Meltdown said:
    Well it wasn't the GPU , it was the motherboard:P design flaw with the asus striker formula boards , followed some steps and finally resolved it

jbfishhead said:
    Kernel_Meltdown said:

I second that, as i am now having the same problems, what did you do to solve this?
  8. TheChurchWarden said:
    Kernel_Meltdown said:

jbfishhead said:
    Kernel_Meltdown said:

I second that, as i am now having the same problems, what did you do to solve this?

I 3rd that, as i am now having the same problems with PCIE slot 2,cannot get video card signal from that slot??? , what did you do to solve this?
  9. Kernel_Meltdown said:

I am having the same problems with PCIE slot 2,cannot get video card signal from that slot??? , what did you do to solve this?
    This board is actually BRAND NEW, been sitting in it's box for several years, I just had the time to build it. I'm using GTX550Ti cards. I can get 2 way SLI in slots 1 and 2 as the manual says yet..I can get 2 way with slot 1 and 3..Very strange?
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Graphics Cards Graphics