Hp deskjet 812c driver windows 7

G

How about we alL send HP the old printers. Taht way they know to make a universal printer that can simply be used by all computers. Saves energy, money the planet.

tgice

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012

I know this thread is two years old or so, but hey badge, how about if you've got nothing helpful to say, you hold you tongue, or rather, fingers?

The web is already full of people making unhelpful replies -- I'm not sure it can take any more.

And another thing: why would this guy want to buy a new printer when his existing one is working fine? I've found most new inkjets are crap and last about 2 years, whereas the older one sometimes will still be ticking, even after sitting around not being used for a long time. Seems like a better solution to me, provided you can get them working.

I agree with Ijack.

I was able to get Windows to install this driver by just clicking the "Windows Update" button (in the printer driver selection screen), waiting for a minute or two (on a broadband connection) and then picking that exact driver (HP Deskjet 812C) from the list and installing it. I had to fake install it as a local printer first (since I was connecting to another PC on the network eventually), but once I did that, my Windows 7 (64-bit) now has a copy of that driver, as distributed by Microsoft.

And now I have my first page printed via that printer. It actually looks better than the last page I got out of my ~2 year old Canon MX860 that just died on me with the wonderful "B200 error" which likely means: "pay > $50 for a new print head and it *might* start working again".