Which Motherboard + Processor Bundle?

lordazura

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
I am building my first rig, currently have a GTX 560 Ti and a Corsair Professional HX750W power supply.

I am wondering if it is worth spending the extra 20$ for the first bundle, or if the other one would do about the same thing. I don't really understand the difference between the two motherboards.

First offer: http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=71249&vpn=BX80637I53570K%26Z77X-UD3H&manufacture=Others&promoid=1210

Second Offer: http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=71291&vpn=Z77A-G45%20%26%203570K&manufacture=Others&promoid=1210

I am mainly using this computer for gaming, while I still do other stuff like music, Photoshop and etc. I would like to have a motherboard that would allow me to buy new pieces in the years to come without having to buy a new Mobo.

Thanks in advance,

LordAzuRa

malbluff

Honorable
If asked which board I'd prefer, I'd say the Gigabyte, but both will basically do the same thing, the gigabyte perhaps slightly better. If you pick your way through both specs, you will probably find marginal differences, none of which will probably be relevant. The gig is just marginally better, whether it's $20 better is debatable.

lordazura

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
Thanks guys :)

Also, when I read the Gigabyte's Specification there is the following:

=============================================
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
* For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.

1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8 (PCIEX8)
(The PCIEX16 and PCIEX8 slots conform to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)
* The PCIEX8 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16 slot. When the PCIEX8 slot is populated, the PCIEX16 slot will operate at up to x8 mode.
* PCIE Gen.3 is dependent on CPU and expansion card compatibility.
=============================================

I don't know much about SLI, etc. Is it normal that the second slot runs only at x8 or is it a limitation of the motherboard?

lordazura

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
Thanks again :D

And one last question, I don't see the size of the motherboard. Do Motherboard all share the same size model?

I wouldn't want to have to buy a Full Tower case (currently using a Mid-Tower)