Gtx 690 no sli option

JamboFFC

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
Hello,
Specs: asus sabertooth z77
gtx vengeance ram 8gb
800corsairpsu
My computer detects both graphics cards and nvidia control panel only runs them in multi gpu mode and there is no sli option to change it,how do i fix it and have it in sli. note ive tried reinstalling the drivers clean install with no avail

G

http://postimage.org/image/efoehum1j/

G

Note, right now I have them over two monitors I did not do this before when I was trying to fix the problem I even RMA'ed and got a replacement and still had this problem.

G

Hello,
Specs: asus sabertooth z77
gtx vengeance ram 8gb
800corsairpsu
My computer detects both graphics cards and nvidia control panel only runs them in multi gpu mode and there is no sli option to change it,how do i fix it and have it in sli. note ive tried reinstalling the drivers clean install with no avail
Could it be the motherboard that is causing this issue?

G

When I select it all that's activated is Multi-GPU.

JamboFFC

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013

Unfortunately that didn't work.

JamboFFC

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013

Yeh, I used to use one monitor when I got the card back from RMA.

When I select it all that's activated is Multi-GPU.

You realize that Multi-GPU is probably just another term for SLI they use with the 690.

They are labeling it slightly differently for the 690, but I'm quite certain that Multi-GPU is what you want.

You should also be able to look at GPU-Z and see SLI enabled there. If GPU-Z doesn't recognize it as SLI, there could be a problem. You should also be able to run benchmarks to confirm.

The graphics score in the detailed read out of 3dmark11 should be about 9000 with 1 GPU, and around 18000 in SLI.

mattybobo

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
I have a GTX 690. Multi-GPU is the equivalent to SLI on a multi-GPU card, such as the GTX 690. Unless you are trying to SLI two GTX 690s together, which would be Quad SLI.

If you have a single GTX 690, multi-GPU is correct and is utilizing both GPUs.

JamboFFC

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013

Waw Thank You, if only the fine people at asus could have pointed that out to me after I sent them a picture of my Nvidia Control Panel before I went and got it Rma'd.

DePlane

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012

Will both GPUs be active if my motherboard does not support SLI (ASRock Z77 Pro-4 M)?