Sign in with
Your question

HD6970 temperature prblems

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 11, 2012 1:41:42 PM

So all of a sudden the fan has stopped being auto on my 6970, so I had to get speedfan and have to manually turn up the fan when Im gonna be in a game etc.
Here is my problem, when playing a game such as minecraft, the temp will get to about 75C with the fan on 45% (Not even full settings)
My friend has the exact same GPU and his fan only goes to 35 auto, and his temp is 50C full settings.

What is wrong? :( 
August 12, 2012 11:05:54 AM

spaggy said:
So all of a sudden the fan has stopped being auto on my 6970, so I had to get speedfan and have to manually turn up the fan when Im gonna be in a game etc.
Here is my problem, when playing a game such as minecraft, the temp will get to about 75-85C with the fan on 45% (Not even full settings)
My friend has the exact same GPU and his fan only goes to 35 auto, and his temp is 50C full settings.

What is wrong? :( 

EDIT: Just checked the load temps: 81C under load, still not normal, minecraft on mediocre settings is hardly a load.
August 13, 2012 1:21:17 AM

How old is the card? Is it full of dust? Because that can seriously hamper your cards ability to dissipate heat.
!