Hi,

When inserting a file, usually a picture file or even uploading a picture
file onto the internet, a window will pop up and you'll see a list of files
to choose from.

Here, sometimes the files appear as "Thumbnails" and arranged by "Type" but
sometimes they appear as "lists" and sorted by "name."

Each time I would have to right click and change "view" and "arrange icon
by" to my preference, which is sometimes 'thumbnails and modified,' and
sometimes 'type and name,' depending on application.

But, as soon as I am finished they would go back to the default view that is
either 'thumbnail and type' or 'list and name.' And I have to do it all over
again.

Is there a way to stop this from happening so that each setting remains
unchanged?

Thank you.

open an explorer then click on tools->folder option->view-> look for "current
folder tab" and click it. but before doing this you have to set your
preferred view on the current explorer window