I love/hate computers...

MacRed

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
So I bought all my components from newegg recommended by this site http://www.informatics-tech.com/build-a-cheap-400-dollar-gaming-computer-2012.html

I did get the Radeon HD 6670 instead of the GPU they recommended. I hooked everything up exactly as directed. I power it up and there is no beep, everything is running (hard drive, fans, GPU, lights), and the monitor goes into sleep mode as if there is no response from the motherboard.

I hate computers. I love them, but I hate them with a passion.

Help.

MacRed

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
Everything is brand-spanking-new. The last time I got a motherboard it had the same response to the monitor, but it was with all old components. I ended up sending the motherboard back.

This time I have all new components and it appears that I have the same problem. Maybe my house is haunted by a computer-hating poltergeist.

MacRed

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
I guess I should clarify on the beeps...there are no beeps because there isn't a speaker for them to take place on the motherboard. There is a plug for the speaker, but it didn't come with a speaker. For all I know it could be loading up just fine, aside from the monitor having no response. I'm about go office space on this p.o.s.