Canon IXUS 40 Vs. Sony DSC T33

Last response: in Digital Camera
January 25, 2005 9:46:02 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.point+shoot (More info?)

I currently own a Fuji FinePix 6800. It's not bad, but I've never been
over the moon with the results - especially in comparison with canon
and sony cameras. Now I want a newer, smaller camera. I like the look
of the Sony T33, it seems to be packed with features, but I can't find
any good reviews as it is fairly new. A friend has reccommended the
IXUS 40, which also looks good - and is also tiny. I have also heard
that Canon are generally better at digi cameras than Sony? Anybody
have an opinion on which would be the better buy and why?

Thanks
January 25, 2005 3:52:01 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.point+shoot (More info?)

I belive the IXUS 40 is the same as the Canon Powershot SD300 4MP
Digital Elph, which you can find here:

http://digital-camera.review-center.com/catalog/product...

You may be more interested in the more popular Canon Powershot s410,
which is quite similar, and you can find a number of reviews here, both
from current owners and product features summary:

http://digital-camera.review-center.com/catalog/product...

If you're looking for a small camera, this Powershopt s410 is really a
great camera!

-Scott

> > I currently own a Fuji FinePix 6800. It's not bad, but I've never
been
> > over the moon with the results - especially in comparison with
canon
> > and sony cameras. Now I want a newer, smaller camera. I like the
look
> > of the Sony T33, it seems to be packed with features, but I can't
find
> > any good reviews as it is fairly new. A friend has reccommended the
> > IXUS 40, which also looks good - and is also tiny. I have also
heard
> > that Canon are generally better at digi cameras than Sony? Anybody
> > have an opinion on which would be the better buy and why?
>
> I've owned two Sony P&S cameras and my dad has one as well. Neither
of
> use are "over the moon" with their results. They take nice snap-shots
if that is
> all you are interested in. I gave up on Sony and the small P&S
cameras and
> bought a Panasonic DMC FZ-20 in Dec. The image quality has been
superior
> to anything the little Sonys have produced and the versatility of a
long zoom
> and full manual controls has made it a joy to use. I have no
experience with
> the small Canon cameras.
January 25, 2005 6:38:08 PM

!