RemoteFX setup (need some serious help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlio250

Honorable
Aug 11, 2012
Hi, i am new to the community and have been trying over the last few days to setup windows server 2008 R2 with a Hyper-V'd windows 7 under it, being accessible through remote desktop for the purposes of gaming

i have gotten pretty far, and everything works as a proof of concept, but i have found no instructions on how to go further (although i have seen a ton of people saying it can and has been done), by which i mean, optimize RemoteFX and Hyper-V to allow near lagless gaming through remote desktop over a gigabit LAN network

i guess i would just like to know how to setup RemoteFX properly step by step, to allow remote gaming (though still in the same network)

specs:
i7 2600k
sabertooth p67
2xGTX590's (4 GPU's total)
12gb ram
^this is the host server's spec's, laptop(RDP client) is nowhere near this

also, something i would like to do (if even possible): try and setup 3 seperate VM's under Hyper-V, each with a seperate GPU powering it to allow several people to play on the same machine, as i get phenomenal performance even with SLI off, and i seem to have the RAM and CPU to support this strange of an endeavor

i have the better part of 24 hours already invested in this project and i will try anything to get it to work

Don't...

Bump posts

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Status
Not open for further replies.