GTX 570 running hotter than normal?

DruggedPanda

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012
Hello everyone,

I recently got back from vacation and noticed that my computer was running at 60-63 degrees Celsius in idle. The thing that is bothering me is before i left on vacation my GPU would run at 40-42 Degrees Celsius. I updated the drivers and restarted my computer but nothing helped. I hope you guys can help me out!

Thanks!!!

System Specs.

Intel i5 2500k

GTX 570

Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 Intel Z68 Motherboard

Forgot to say that my fan has always been running at 49% (before vacation and after).

Solution
Wow that's cool. A strange problem really, but I'm glad you're back at normal. Perhaps some settings change in vacation and you reset it back when you re-seat the card. Oh well...

DruggedPanda

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012
Thanks for the reply! this might actually be the problem, because my parents were in the attic taking out the insulation and the door to get into the attic is in my room :/

Thanks again for the help! i'll let you know if it works!

DruggedPanda

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012
Ok, well when i went into my computer there was no dust what so ever. i closed it up and it was still running at 60-63C this computer is 2-3 months old and i really need your help!

Thank you!

DruggedPanda

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012
Hey everyone!

I decided that I would take out the GPU and place it back in.when i did that i started up the computer and it went back to normal! so far its running like it use to. I don't know if this also could have fixed it but i opened up MSI afterburner and reset the GPU to factory setting before shutting the computer down and taking out the GPU. I'm going to be watching it but i'm very curious to what had happened, does anyone know? If someone does i would love for a reason why!

THANKS FOR THE HELP!