Corsair H60 Water Cooler?

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
I'm thinking of upgrading from a hyper 212+ to the H60 or a newer version? I wanted to go withe H60 as with my Eleven Hundred I dont have much options for a hugh rad, and the single 120mm is good for what I need. Is the H60 good? Or is there a newer better version of the cooler. I prefer corsair coolers but I'll take a look at other ones. Only looking to spend about 60-100$.

Thanks.

Solution
It depends what you're after. If you have plans for a proper WC loop, then hold off. If you'd like the halfway house, then closed-loop coolers are worthwhile...they're quieter and move more heat, but not as well as a full WC loop. But they're cheaper.

I've not used the H60, but I have the H100 and have no complaints. The H70 might be better for you. Only thing to check is the voltage of your 12v rail. My PSU is 12.3V, and ends up with the H100 pump rattling...needed to use a fan controller to lower the voltage slightly. Not sure if this is an issue on the H60/70s though.

Anyway, my £0.02...go for it, if you want improved cooling. The 212 is good though, and if you're happy with your existing temps there may not be a need. You'll prob...

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012

Well like I said I'm open for other choices as well. I would like to not have to open my case all the time to fill a resovoir so I'm looking for something like that. I'm sort of stuck between the H100i and the H80i. I'm sure the h100 is better. But I'm limited on places to mount it.

diellur

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
It depends what you're after. If you have plans for a proper WC loop, then hold off. If you'd like the halfway house, then closed-loop coolers are worthwhile...they're quieter and move more heat, but not as well as a full WC loop. But they're cheaper.

I've not used the H60, but I have the H100 and have no complaints. The H70 might be better for you. Only thing to check is the voltage of your 12v rail. My PSU is 12.3V, and ends up with the H100 pump rattling...needed to use a fan controller to lower the voltage slightly. Not sure if this is an issue on the H60/70s though.

Anyway, my £0.02...go for it, if you want improved cooling. The 212 is good though, and if you're happy with your existing temps there may not be a need. You'll prob take 5-10 deg C at load off of your existing load temps.

Solution