It's a 'very' old card but that's not to say you need a whole new computer!
Please give us more information: CPU, memory which Windows (or Linux) you're using and, very importaintly, the monitor resolution- not size, but resolution- and the make and model of the powersupply.
Oh, and what games do you want to play?

theProbe

Honorable
Aug 11, 2012
I thought i made a signature about my pc specs. I'll just c/p:
Asus M2N-e; AMD Athlon dual core 5000+ BE; Ati Radeon 3870 MSI; 3gb ddr2 800mhz; 250gb Seagate;
I'd like to run Starcraft 2 maxed out on 1080p that wont lag with a overpopulated map (4 players with 200supply). full hd is most important.
But, when GTA 5 comes out, id like to run that on full hd and good details. Anyone knows the release date of GTA5?

G

Tom's Hardware > Profile > Forum options
Display signatures: Yes

seems to default to No for some reason.

I'd suggest making a new thread at new build forums. Remember to tell your budget there!

Ah.
Right.
Your rig was quite a monster a few years ago, but games are far more demanding than they were then so, sorry to say, you DO need a new computer.
How/if you go about this will depend on our circumstances but, as Sunius suggests, opening a thread in the build forum will yield some sage advice.

theProbe

Honorable
Aug 11, 2012
Key. So since i do need a new rig, i won't open a new thread now. I will wait for the ati 8000 series. But, what do you think is better, geforce or radeon?