Is my graphics card bad/failing?

KBacki

Honorable
Aug 11, 2012
Hi, my graphics card has been running great, and my PC as well. It's a EVGA Superclocked Nvidia GeForce GTX 570 and it was able to run everything great, until the past few days. Now, brace yourselves because this is going to sound really dumb, but I've been talking to my cousin on Skype and playing Minecraft with him for the past few days. And yesterday and today I all of the sudden hear my computer fans speed up, make weird noises, then my monitor gets no signal and my PC doesn't show me anything. Then I have to press down the shut down button on my PC and start it back up for it to work again. And then it happens again a 30 minutes later. Any idea as to what's going on?

Specs:
*Intel® Core™ i7 3930K Processor (6x 3.20GHz/12MB L3 Cache)
*Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-2011] - ARC Dual Silent High Performance Fan (Push-Pull)
*16GB (4GBx4) DDR3-1600
*NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 - 1.2GB - EVGA Superclocked
*Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 -- 4x PCI-E x16, 6x SATA 6Gb/s
*850 Watt - Corsair CMPSU-850TXV2
*Seagate 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s
*24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive

High temps reported from HWMonitor, here's a screenshot of the readings: http://gyazo.com/7f84e8d34bc1a8295bb62c477c67908b

Also, my room temperature is about 70 or so degrees Fahrenheit, and the Push-Pull airflow fans seem to have a problem. Only the one in the back (the exhaust one I'm pretty sure) is spinning.

Thanks for your help!

bignastyid

Titan
Those temps are fine but im guessing thats at idle, we need to see where they are Enable logging in hwmonitor then run a game for 15-20 mins, if it manages not to crash post another picture of what hwmonitor shows, if it does crash open the log file and check the temps.